The last time I posted about this place, I figured they couldn't get much worse. I was wrong. This afternoon I phoned, and phoned...and waited and phoned again and each time no one answered my call. I really wanted to go for a tan! So I drove across town after work for a drop in session. When I got there I asked if I could and the girl (who was SO overly tanned she actually looked unhealthily burned) said "we're all booked up." I explained that I had called several times that afternoon, and that no one answered, so I had driven across town and didn't want to go home 'empty handed' for lack of a better term. She looked at me blankly and said "oh..." Then looked around the desk for the phone. Then she says "oh, I guess we don't have a phone right now."
WHAT?! Seriously? You can't find the portable phone that you were probably chatting on with your friends all afternoon, and your explanation is you "don't have a phone right now" ?
Seriously!
Anyway, I did get to go for a tan afterall. When I asked how many mins I have left I was hoping she'd say 10 or something like that. But NO, I have 67 mins left. Which means I have to go back to Ghetto-tan at least 6 more times :(
Friday, March 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
22 comments:
I've been debating going tanning for some time now.
Fortunately I happen to know some people that work for one of the local tanning companies and I don't have to wait or pay... It makes things easier.
Stormin,
Nice. Those kinds of hook-ups definitely come in handy :)
"ghetto tan" haha
you gotta be kidding me! Too bad you can't get a refund...
Really, there are no other tanning salons in town?
Seriously Celeste... you are the funniest person I know! I miss you! I am back at work this week, but will be gone all weekend... pop by if you have time. ~Jill
Ghetto tan....I love it!
Cxx
Jlee,
I'm not kidding. Sad, isn't it?
Egan,
Yes, there are many. But then I would have to spend money. And I wouldn't have stories to tell.
Jill,
haha! that's quite the compliment, thank you!! I will pop by again soon, I have to do a 'market update' once a month for work, so we'll stop by in the next few weeks for sure :)
Claire,
I'm glad SOMEONE loves Ghetto-tan!
;)
maybe the attendants eyes were too tanned !
Yeah, who care about the money thing. But you can't pass up the blogging material it provides. They should really work on a new name for their business.
Ghetto tanning, I love the expression.
In general, I've found that it's a prerequisite (sp?) for tanning employees to be some bizarre shade of orange/brown to work there. It's too bad you've got a few more trips there, although it seems possible they might find a phone at some point.
Don't ya just hate a badly ran business like that - you'd think they didn't want to customers. For the price of a new phone, jeeez! :[]
I get awful tan lines because I bike a lot, but I refuse to lie in those light coffins. Too claustophobic for me.
Che,
Good point!
Egan,
Its actually called "texas heat", which isn't a bad name. If only they'd improve their customer service!
Scott,
haha. thanks.
2 Dollar,
I know! You'd think they'd want to actually look GOOD, instead of scaring the clientele. I always say to myself when I go in there that I'd like a bit of colour, but NEVER to look like the girls who work there.
Dogga,
I know! Customer service is NOT rocket-science.
Evil,
I used to feel claustraphobic (in fact, I still do a little bit) but I'm getting used to it.
Post a Comment