I'm really excited these days, because I've been feeling a little bored in general, and thought "what the heck can I do to spice things up?"
That's when I decided to act on a business idea I've had for awhile. Without going into too much detail, essentially I'm going to start doing some consulting on top of my full time job. Nothing too big at first, probably only a client or two at a time. And I'm already working on my 1st project! Its amazing how sometimes when you just put your ideas/thoughts/desires out to the Universe...it may take awhile...but eventually you get an answer.
That answer has also manifested itself in the form of my NEW HOME! (I just can't say that enough!) Ern and I won't be moving until May 31st, but we're already super organized.
* Moving truck reservation...check!
* Cleaners booked...check!
* Furniture downsizing...check! (its great to have younger siblings who need extra furniture)
I've been driving past this beautiful textiles store on my way home from work, and a few weeks ago they put up a new window display featuring a duvet cover that I've absolutely fallen in love with. So I went in to talk to the owner (she's actually a past client of mine) to find out the price. Ouch! Believe me when I say this, I am not a frugal person...but even that seemed a little out of my range.
But ever since...I just can't get that design out of my head. I don't even really know why. It's not exactly my style...its a little girly than I normally go for, to be honest. But the more I thought about it, the more I thought "I want my new bedroom to be a total sanctuary. A place where I can go to escape, and will make me happy every time I walk in to it."
So I've decided (after much deliberation...and much research online, only to discover that this is the only store in my region that carries the design) to go for it! I'll post a photo below. My idea is to find a gorgeous rich paint colour for the walls, and then find matching throw pillows to accent the bed. I'm going try and find a perfect night table, maybe even something antique-ish, and paint it black with a laquer finish. Then I'll be framing up a black and white photo (maybe even the tulips in the post below) to go over the bed. I'll have to post photos of the final product when its all done.
Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:
Please tell me that your new venture is "lion tamer".
The idea of a sanctuary is good. I think I need one of those.
You gotta get it when you keep walking past it and love it every time. There is no way around it.
Congrats on the new home!
Greetings from Alaska!
I found your blog via the comment you left on Neal's blog.
May I ask the name of the catalog where you found this beautiful photo? I love the pattern on the comforter.
Congratulations on the new home. The tulips would look lovely above the bed.:)
Gwyn
It's girly alright. I'm not sure that I can say anything about interior decorating that wouldn't compromise my masculinity.
Good on you dudette! :]
Post a Comment