Tomorrow is that hallmark holiday that makes me want to run screaming for the hills.
"Hey, let's find a way to charge a 4000% markup on flowers one day per year!"
I do like those little conversation hearts though.
A couple of years ago, I adopted a tradition with a friend (also adopted, since she had moved here recently from another city) to have an Anti-Valentines day party. Those of you who have been with me for awhile may remember the debauchery of last year's event. Oh, good times were had...
This evening that occurs annually on February 14th is not a man-hating, feminist, thumbs-down-to-love gathering of bitter females. In fact, most of us are usually coupled-up at the time. It's a celebration of love and friendship.
This year, in light of my illness, I didn't have the energy to plan much of anything. We're going to keep it simple, a few girls out for dinner, and then maybe a bottle of wine and episode 2 of the new season of Survivor. Yes, we're crazy like that. Watch out.
I'm off work tomorrow, and I'm going to be spending the afternoon at the best spa in town. I decided that after everything, I deserve to be spoiled a little. And since Valentines day is *clearly* about spoiling someone, who better to spoil...than myself?!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Spoil away. Have a good anti-Valentine's Day party.
Spoiling oneself sounds good.
I can't think of a better way to spend it Celeste, have fun and have a glass of wine for me
;-)
I love the idea of an anti-Valentines party! I may adapt it too.
Since I am sans boyfriend, my brother and my nephew took me to dinner last night and gave me candy. Sweet.
A spa treatment would be lovely right now. Spoil yourself, girl!
Hope that you enjoy the spa in a big way. I hear those are fun times.
Cheers,
Scott
Bah, V-day! :[]
Good for you, spoiling yourself with a day at the spa.
If you don't do it, who will?
Post a Comment