I've been home for a week now, recovering and healing. I saw the specialist again yesterday and he's happy with my speedy progress. Looks like I might still be on schedule to return to work on Monday.
I miss the outside world. I haven't even been able to go to the grocery store. Thankfully I have wonderful family and friends who are taking such good care of me.
I've been reading a lot. And getting pretty good at Guitar Hero and online poker. Oh, and I eat, a LOT. Comfort food! These are some of the delicious things I have made this week to keep my spirits up:
- fresh baked Pilsbury chocolate chip cookies
- spinach dip with sourdough bread
- fried egg sandwiches (with tomato, avacado and cheese...pure heaven!)
So now that I've shown you mine, it's your turn to show me yours. What are your favorite comfort foods of all time?
Friday, February 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Mashed potatoes and gravy, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, gravy and gravy.
Home baked bread would be high on my list. All types of meat apply. I would have to say that chili verde and fresh tortillas are my "go to" foods when a little spice is needed to comfort me.
Favourite comfort food of all time... has to be freshly baked chocolate chip cookies or McDonald's French Fries.
Glad to hear that the recover is speedy. Take good care.
Scott
Grunt,
OH! That reminds me. I need to make Chili this weekend. mmmm...delicious chili :)
~~~~
Scott,
Excellent choice. And now, I have a craving for fries!
ICE CREAM - It solves everything
(except getting fat)
Glad you are improving.
I reckon it would have to be:
Cheddar cheese on cream crackers, with salted peanuts, packet of salt and vinegar crips and a can of coke.
Home made macaroni & cheese, garlic mashed potatoes, and cheese quesadillas.
Home baked lasagne, of the goat cheese variety. Damn good stuff. Anything warm. Oh, macaroni and cheese with breadcrumbs, not the box stuff.
Good luck Celeste. I've been out of it with much going on in my life. Sorry to hear about your past few weeks. I wish you a speedy recovery.
I'm now diseased - covered in red blotches from head to toe for no good reason :'[
Post a Comment