Last night I dreamed that I was on a bus, travelling to the mountain to go snowboarding. The driver was driving way too fast, and we nearly crashed several times. I was terrified. What do you think this means?
This morning, I woke up to a message on my computer from a 'friend', inquiring about the job that I am hiring for. (I am shamelessly advertising the posting on Facebook.) He asked how much it pays "in case his new job doesn't work out." Thing is: we are 'friends' because we went out on a couple of dates last month, and it didn't turn into anything. But now he's ok with me essentially being his boss? Awkward!
Yesterday I went to the gym and totally kicked my own ass. I'm sore today, but in that really good, feels like an accomplishment, kind of way. The way I see it: if I'm going to be single and have a little bit of extra time on my hands, I'm going to be in such amazing shape it'll be ridiculous!
I had a really great post all drafted up in my head the other day. It was genius I tell you! But I've promptly forgotten it. This is where my weakness as a writer lies: I don't write things down immediately. I am convinced I'll "remember it later and then write it down when I have time." I better start keeping a small journal in my purse at all times.
I really want to enter this annual photo contest that is sponsored by a local paper, but the photo I want to enter was taken so many years ago, that I have no clue where the negatives are. I have gotten more organized over the years with my negs and have most of them, but the stuff from when I first started getting serious about photography, is probably in a box marked 'who knows what' and is located 'who knows where.' Now that I'm shooting digital, I've opened a whole new can of worms. Archiving! Argh! I have got to sit down and figure out how to properly save everything and get it off my computer. I'll probably just burn everything to dvd.
Which brings me to my final point...yesterday I went downstairs to use my desktop computer, and the screen was flashing on and off. The power button will come on for a second and the screen will flash on...and then it will be blank for 10 seconds, and then on, and then blank. I don't know what happened to it because I was just using it the other day. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. I've disconnected and reconnected it. Help! Any ideas?!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Sunday, August 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You might have a bad cord somewhere? That's all I got on that one. lol Your dream may have something to do with not being in control of a certain situation? Anything come to mind?
Yeah, I got nothing.
I think your dream might mean that you are supposed to travel to South America where all bus drivers drive too fast on dangerous roads.
Scott
Jlee,
My colleague suggested that too. I'll have to check on that.
Hmm...control issues? Who me?!! ;)
~~~~
Scott,
Very interesting interpretation :)
Yes, we've all had that wonder post we have thought up, and when it come to putting it down, damn it's completely gone. It'll be in that head of yours somewhere!
Check the connection where it plugs in to your video card on your PC. If you have a laptop, you can try it on that and see if the same thing happens. If it does, chances are depending on how old your monitor is, it's toast.
The dream was probably just an anxiety dream. Perhaps about you trying to hire someone or finding the negatives.
How much does the job pay? Are you offering relocation costs? :)
Sounds like the monitors fried, but it could just be a bad switch. It's not hard to replace, unless of course your monitor is over 10 years old.
Ooh, yes, yes and ooh... Buy a spanking new masive LCD monitor or two...
"I'm going to be in such amazing shape it'll be ridiculous!"
That's a fab quote LOOOL :]
Mine did that, it was the graphics card itself that went out.
Post a Comment