Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Lemons vs. grapes....well, sort of

Whoever said "when life hands you lemons...make lemonade" obviously had no idea how labour-intensive it is to make lemonade! All that squeezing to get the juice out, you really have to put your weight behind that lemon. And then you have to fish out the seeds, because really, who wants seeds in their lemonade? Not this girl. Then you have to sweeten it juuuuuuust right. Not too much sugar or you'll ruin it. Not enough and you'll be making that pucker-face that is oh-so-sexy. So you see...when life hands you lemons...its much easier to just say 'ah, fuck it' and go buy a nice bottle of wine.

17 comments:

Andre Veloux said...

If life hands you lemons, get the camera out and take some photos photogirl.

Jay said...

I thought when life gave you lemons, you're supposed to go out and find someone that life gave vodka to?

Anonymous said...

beer, grapes give me heartburn.

Anonymous said...

I have no words to describe you right now.... hilarious, that's a good one!

Me Myself and I said...

Andre,

meh. Still kind of labour-intensive.

~~~~

Blog P,

Definitely still too labour intensive!

~~~~

Geek,

I suppose that's an acceptable alternative.

~~~~

Jill,

I'm glad I make you laugh! Now if only I could dream up a whole novel that funny ;)

Evil Spock said...

When life gives you lemons, you give life a swift kick to the gonads.

Ryan said...

You could also man limoncello. it takes a little longer but the nice italian lady on the food network said it's delicious.

Ryan said...

By man i meant make.

Scott said...

Truer words were never spoken.

Me Myself and I said...

Evil Spock,

Yes!

~~~~

Ryan,

For a second there I thought you were talking about man-handling lemons and I was scared.

~~~~

Scott,

:)

Somebodyiusedtoknow said...

this reminds me of that one joke about the farmer who made the travelers (after they slept w/his daughter) go out into the fields and each pick a fruit...

one of them picked watermelon, and well, you know the rest.

I'd pick grapes.

Me Myself and I said...

Goo,

LOL! good choice ;)

Neal said...

ha, when I hear somebody start that phrase "when life gives you lemons..." from now on, I'll finish it with "ah, fuck it, let's buy some wine".

Me Myself and I said...

Neal,

awesome!! Now I know I will go down in history as the girl who inspired the saying "If life hands you lemons, AH fuckit! Let's go buy some wine!"

sweeeeet.

JLee said...

I like your saying better! haha

Anonymous said...

Cor, you're on form!!! LOL - go buy a bottle of wine then - or is life handing you grapes?

Me Myself and I said...

Jlee,

Thanks!

~~~~

Dogga,

I have to ask. What does "Cor" mean?!