Friday, August 10, 2007

A story and some photos

I had a lovely dinner this evening with some girlfriends, at a local restaurant down on the waterfront. We'd originally planned on dining on the patio, but it was so packed when we arrived that we decided to eat inside in the dining room. Our hostess seated us...and then we waited...
and waited....
and waited some more...

20 mins have passed....
Starting to get thirsty....

Thirty five mins....

Stomach starting to grumble....
Ok now its time to go get someone!!!
So M. went to the bar and told the waiter, nicely, that we'd been waiting nearly 40 mins for some service. They apologized profusely. Apparently there was a communication mix-up about who was supposed to serve our table. The irony: my girlfriends and I met way back in the day at (and are thus alumni) of HOTEL AND RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT SCHOOL.
If there's one table in the room you don't want to screw up on, its the H.R.A.D. alumn table. We were actually OK with it though, since they felt so bad, and the service was top-notch once they realized we existed! The food ended up being delicious, the company was even better, and they comp'd part of our bill...so all in all, I'd say it was a pretty good evening.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Here are some photos of our boating trip on Monday at Shawnigan Lake, where my parents live. I finally got them onto the computer today (its been a busy week!)

And of course, I can never resist posting some new photos of my sweet Max:







6 comments:

The Stormin Mormon said...

Max is awesome.

I know what you mean about good service in restaurants. My best friends fiance manages a restaurant chain (several "stores" as she calls them), and has made me very aware that the people in charge want nothing more than for people to be happy while eating.

They actually are more worried about people having a good time, than them loving the food.

In studies her chain did, people were more likely to come back if the experience was an 8 of 10 or higher than if the food was on the same level. Amazing to me, but I guess I'd rather eat somewhere that I get my food and have fun, than somewhere that has amazing food that arrives delivered by an asshole.

Me Myself and I said...

Stormin,

Thanks!! He IS awesome!! :)

That's a very interesting bit of information. Its makes a lot of sense. Good food is important, but if you're not having a good time, what's the point?

Anonymous said...

I hate it when I get bad service, and the restaurant doesn't do anything to make up for it. I've had a waiter forget to put my order in, and serve everyone at the table except me. Desert was on hand before I got my meal.

And all the restaurant did was comp some ice cream.

Grrrr.

JLee said...

That water looks so blue and inviting...sigh.

Anonymous said...

Mmm, I'm hungry now :[

Lovin' the boating pics and Max is just sooo adorable!!!

Phil said...

It sounds like you handled it very well and it had a happy ending. It's so hard to wait for food especially when you're hungry. It was good of them to give top-notch service and comp the tab to boot.

great photos, nice doggie. I'd love to kayak there