Friday, June 15, 2007

I gotta have more cowbell!

It has recently been brought to my attention by two of my lovely friends that I should consider writing. Seriously. (not Seriously! as in Meredith Grey) but really and truly, seriously. I had to laugh. But then I confessed that I have been toying with the idea of writing a novel for quite some time, and actually have a storyline somewhat worked out in my head. So they exclaimed "do it!"

Hmm....

Easier said than done, no? How do you write a frickin novel?!!

Well for starters, I need to start using the old brain a bit more. Pratice, practice, practice! I realize that my blog has bascially just become a photo gallery as of late (circumstances having been divulged in earlier posts), but I am making the conscious decision to start writing again.

I can't promise it'll be interesting, and it might not be pretty.

Anyway, I invite you all to leave comments and suggestions (and donations? ;)

Ok, until next time... Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

11 comments:

egan said...

Go for it. I think it would be cool to read a novel of yours.

JLee said...

DO IT!! haha How's that for concise advice?

Anonymous said...

Give it a go - There must be lots of resources on the Net.

...or just start writing and go with the flow as it were! :]

I'll read it :)

Princess Banter said...

Oooh writing a novel? How wonderful! -- not to mention brave! That's awesome though... I join in everyone else in saying DO IT! Then when you're done, maybe you can tell me how you do it... then I can follow suit ;)

Scott said...

I am interested to see what you come up with. I have thought about writing and the thought of writing a novel is absolutely overwhelming.

cheers,

Scott

Crystal said...

AND! you can illustrate it with your photos!

just don't write anything about periods or doo fetishes.

Me Myself and I said...

Egan,

Thanks. I'll keep you posted...

~~~~

Jlee,

haha. OK!! ;)

~~~~

Dogga,

I think you're right there. I'm just going to start small and let it grow into something bigger.

~~~~

Princess,

Ok, well, when I start, I will be sure to post about anything I learn (cough *make mistakes* cough) along the way ;)

~~~~

Scott,

It IS overwhelming, you are absolutely right. Which is probably why I still haven't started. But I will...soon...

~~~~

Crystal,

Good call! Or at least I can do the cover artwork!!

Andre Veloux said...

Get writing. Why not start with a short story, try and find your voice first.

Me Myself and I said...

Andre,

That's a great idea. A friend of mine suggested that as well. A series of short stories about the same subject that I can eventually compile into one.

Anonymous said...

Everyone spends their life thinking "Someday, I will write a novel". As each year goes by, "Someday" gets further and further away.

The important thing is just write. Unless you want them to, no one will ever see it. You can write it just for you. My novel sits impatiently on my harddrive waiting for revision. The fact is you need to start somewhere, otherwise, you'll never go anywhere.

It is your first attempt at a novel. As you write more you will discover what works and what doesn't. But until you write that first word, you'll never know...

Wendy said...

I am excited for you! This is such a great step you are choosing and I can't wait to read the results!