Today I found my car had been broken into....AGAIN. I didn't have anything valuable in it, for the exact reason that I didn't want it broken into. So what did they do? Rifeled through my glovie and the small bag of garbage and threw it all over the car! Yes, oh and they were also kind enough to rip out my ashtray (only to find a few cents which apparently weren't good enough because they left the pennies on the passenger seat). Oh, and I really mustn't forget how nice it was to have both of my pairs of sunglasses stolen. Its not the expense I care about...its the FINDING A NEW PAIR OF SUNGLASSES I ACTUALLY LIKE that is a pain in the ass. And of course cleaning up my car. I am soooooo looking forward to doing that tomorrow. Now my car even smells bad. Like a hobo spent a few minutes lounging around it in. I'm not crazy. Little Bird thinks it smells funny now too. F*ck.
I'm glad that at least I don't have to fork out any money to get it fixed, nothing was broken, and nothing valuable taken. However, I don't understand the need to throw my papers and garbage all over the place! Its so frustrating. I work hard and live a decent life. I shouldn't have to be bitched at by junkies on the street when I won't give them money, and I sure as hell shouldn't have to worry about my car every time I park it downtown! What is happening to this city? Its going quickly to the shitter I tell you. And the mayor doesn't want too much density downtown? PEOPLE! Density = better neighbourhoods.
...end of rant.
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
24 comments:
Oh, no! Celeste, I am glad that nothing happened to you or your car, but it does mess with your sense of well being, I'm sure. I think those mounties up there have some junkies to clamp down on.
Oh, that's fookin' 'orrible! What nasty people - They'll get what they deserve in the end and they must live a very unfulfilling life Grrr!!!
I know what you mean about shades though... It's just taken me about 3 years to find a pair I like. :]
Wow, junkies suck ass.
Oh, and my family drives a piece of shit car and leaves it unlocked just like Geek so then people don't break windows and stuff. It's the best way to handle these things. And if it gets stolen, it won't be such a big loss.
But I want an awesome big black car someday.
I hope you find some nice new sunglasses :)
Grunt...you're absolutely right about the 'messing with your sense of well being.' Very well put.
Dogga...oh! 3 years. damnit. I'm doomed :(
Geek...I was actually just thinking last night that it'd be a good idea to leave the doors unlocked.
Spacecake...haha! I should get a t-shirt made that says "Junkies Suck Ass!"
ACTUALLY, I should get a t-shirt made that says "If you ask me for money I will seriously kick you." Then maybe they'd stop harassing me!
Weird, my gf's name is Celeste.
To stay on topic, and to add to some more weirdness, her car got broken into in Portland, OR by some malcontents, and they stole her stereo. When she moved backed to Bloomington, IN, someone threw a cinderblock through her windshield.
Is there some kind of karma payback against Celesteseses these days?
Oh, would you like to do a link exchange?
Evil Spock...welcome! Your girlfriend has a lovely name ;) I found you via AML and he's a trusted blog-buddy of mine, so yeah, let's link up!
She does have a lovely name! You're linked btw, have fun with The Few, there's some diamonds amongst lesser diamonds in the archives!
Well, thanks for selling Vancouver for me. I'll stick with my vague plan of moving to Regina.
I did like Whiterock(?), Nanaimo (The island was cool) and...um...some other place I couldn't pronounce though. Too bad it's goin downhill like that.
Thanks for linking me!!
Evil...perrrfect. I'll add ya.
Jerk...Vancouver? That's not where I live. If I lived in Vancouver every fricking POST would be about my car being broken into. No, Cuteland is on Vancouver Island.
A Victoria cop was on the news saying the thing to do now is leave your car with the ashtray, glovebox and armrest open so junkies can see there's not even a quarter worth stealing.
I long for the days when winos would be happy all day with a cheap bottle of wine. These days junkies need major cash flow all day long.
Four Pillars must be instituted here!
Holden...great idea! and what about a sign that says 'don't bother breaking in, there's nothing to steal'. Oh, but maybe those junkies can't even read.
Sorry to hear about another break in.
guggs...thanks. maybe if it was as cold here as it is there, our junkies would be too cold to waste time breaking into cars!
oh girl, I'm sorry. That exact same happened to me recently and I also smelled the "bum smell" in my car. I don't mean to laugh at your misery, but when I saw the post title, I cracked up! lol
Jlee...hi! its ok, I can laugh at it now too :)
Is finding new sunglasses worse than finding a new bathing suit? It all sounds like an excuse to go shopping to me. Perhaps that can be the silver lining. I'm thinking new sunglasses and a new purse. There was emotional truama afterall.
AML...I like the way you think!
that used to happen to me all the time in my early twenties. It got to the point where I would leave all the doors unlocked just so they wouldn't break out a window or pop a lock. I attribute it to the crowd I was hanging with at the time. An ex with a vendetta.
I attribute yours to the gangbangers in your complex.
Wendy...haha! gangbangers in my complex? luckily it doesn't happen where I live, only when I park my car downtown. Which sucks, because I have to park downtown for work!
Personally I hate deadbeat junkies.
So shitty to hear about this. It seems like you just got robbed not too long ago. What a major pain in the ass. I like urban density because I feel safer with more people around, safety in numbers as they say.
Oh the bad smell of someone else in your car is just as bad as your missing sunglasses. Sorry about all of this Celeste.
Thomas...glad you concur! (is that spelled right?)
Egan...thanks. Yeah, it was just back in Sept that it happened last time. I agree, the more eyes on the street, they safer they are!
I had that happen to me years ago in NYC. I really felt violated. In the scope of the Big Picture, it's just stuff but at the time I wanted blood...
..oh, and responsible junkies are much nicer
Post a Comment