Friday, December 08, 2006

Done like dinner

I have officially finished my Christmas shopping. I picked up a few things last night and now I'm finito. So today what did I do? I joined my mom for 5 hours of Christmas shopping! She hadn't even started yet and wanted some company, and since I had the day off and nothing much else going on, I went. I am exhausted now though, and I didn't even buy anything! I remember when I was younger I could shop for 12 hours straight and not even feel the burn, and now, a few hours into it and I'm wiped. My feet hurt, my back aches, I turn into an old lady! I was so tired by the end that my mom kept asking if I wanted to go in this jewelry store or that clothing store and pick out something for my birthday, and I didn't even care. Now that, my friends, is not something that happens too often. Turning down clothes and some new bling? What has happened to me?

Anyway, I have to go have a nap now before my hair appointment. Days off are so rough ;)

5 comments:

The Grunt said...

Yay, for getting done. Boo, malls! I don't blame you for not caring about shopping anymore. It is only fun if you know what you are going in there for and there isn't a rush/crowd of people to fight.

egan said...

I will go on record as saying shopping wipes me out. I think it's all that time on your feet and then not moving much while browsing. I typically take a good hour long nap after a righteous trip to the mall.

Congrats on finishing. I haven't even started.

Ernie said...

Did I hear you say "bling"? That is my favourite word:D

Me Myself and I said...

Grunt...I agree. A shopping game-play is definitely a good idea.

Egan...better hurry, only 16 days left!

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna attempt to finish my Xmas shopping today :[]