As I was driving to the gym this morning I was thinking back to a conversation I'd had a few days ago with Ernie and L.B. We were discussing men, and their level of comfort with being in a relationship with a woman who has a higher eaning potential. So, today's post is more of a poll....
To the men: how do you feel about being with a woman who earns a higher income than you?
To the ladies: have you been in a situation like this, and how did your man react?
Ok kids, I'm off to fight the Christmas shopping crowds...
Disclaimer: this post is merely for research and educational purposes. The views contained herein, or in the comments in no way reflect the opinion of the author. No men were harmed in the making of this post.
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I have zero problems with it. I'm pleased to death my wife earns a good wage. It's a joint thing when you get married, but the single guys may feel differently. When you're married it all comes out of the same pocket.
I have dated a couple of women who made more money than I do. I was okay with it. I think that the real problems occur in a relationship when either person uses money to hold over the other, then I could see it becoming an issue.
when i first got with my ex-fiancé, he made more than me by about 10k. he had so much debt though, we wound up taking home the same amount. then i scored a job where my salary tripled. he was making about half of what i was. at first, it bothered him a bit. but once he learned that he had a live-in sugar mamma, he quickly got over that.
i need a sugamomma. i think it's cool as long as everyone plays nicely. if someone, m or f thinks because they make more money, they get the final say in all decisions, they're wrong.
Well, let me say this: It does help a man's ego to feel like he is the king bread winner. I think a man who is secure in himself and not old fashioned (woman stays at home), will adjust to the situation just fine.
I was with my ex for 5yrs and she pulled in about a grand more a month than I did the whole time. How much she made never bothered me, it was how much she spent.
Like Egan said, it's all the same pocket.
I would have no problem with it. Again, like Egan said, it is all contributing to the same funds, so the more the merrier.
kind of an interesting post. someone else had a blog entry lately about girls who are a little too "one-of-the-guys" and intimidate guys. there are alot of boundary lines in relationships being redrawn in our lifetime.
oh. and *tag* you're it. i had to pick 6 people to tag to create a list of 6 weird things about themselves. i had to do it on my blog.
It would be OK with me and good luck the success... Plus they could pay for the drinks and buy me gadgets :0)
Thank you everyone for your comments and stories!
Ha ha! I am a successful woman, and I anticipate that this just the being of my greatness. A guy needs to have the same confidence and strive in life. I want a guy who is just as successful as me. I don't measure success in $ signs, I think that it is just a nice perk! And as for making more than a guy... my ex didn't seem to have a problem with it... (I have decided to leave it at that so I don't sound like a big jerk) ;P
Ernie...doesn't take much to make more than your ex ;) lol
I would not have a problem with it either. Like some have commented, it all goes to the same place so it's fine. Also, one should never hold salery over their spouse's head. My BIL does that, he sounds like a jerk when he pulls the I make the money crap
Post a Comment