Monday, November 13, 2006

Update

Hi everyone. Sorry my posts have been short and lame as of late. Here is what's been going on the past few days...

Happy Birthday Aaron! Our good friend Aaron came to the island to celebrate, so after the hockey game...off to the bar we went. I have to say, we all had an excellent time, catching up with old friends, dancing, hanging out. However, I would like to ask a question of my readers: what makes men (rather, boys) think they have the right to come up to a stranger on the dance floor, and slap their ass? This happened to me. And its definitely not the first time it's happened. Normally I just roll my eyes and forget about it, but this time I thought about it, and it made me kind of mad. Now I'm not a prude, and I don't overreact to most things, but am I wrong in thinking that its demeaning and bordering on assault to slap a stranger's ass, especially hard enough that they feel a pinch?

My life of unemployed bliss is quickly coming to an end: I start my new job on Wednesday. I'm very very excited and eager to get started, but I have to say, I've become quite accustomed to my quiet days. When I first quit my old job, I thought "what am I going to do with myself?! I can't be unemployed for two weeks, I'll go crazy!" Wow, was I ever wrong. For the first time since I can remember, I wake up naturally (no alarm!!), lounge in the living room with a big breakfast and a cup of coffee....eventually I get ready for the day and run errands or spend a couple of hours at the gym. Before I know it, its dinner time.

Now, although I'm not officially on the payroll yet, I did have to fly over to Vancouver on Thursday for a development meeting. I was invited to sit in and help with feedback on the design process for one of the buildings my new company is developing. WHAT AN AMAZING PROCESS! I don't care how much of a geek this makes me sound, but sitting there listening to the architects, designers, developers, sales & marketing team, and graphic designer all throw ideas on the table about what this project should look like, was fascinating. I loved every minute of it. AND, I even got to throw my two cents in several times throughout the morning, which was very very cool.

To end off, I will post a photo I took yesterday that cracked me up. I was driving out in the sticks to my parents' house, and all along the road everyone has lined up their Halloween pumpkins. This one, I thought, was the most creative placement:

12 comments:

Me Myself and I said...

geek...hahaha. oops. NOTHING! :)

Wendy said...

this new job sounds fantastic! Congratulations!

That jack o lantern is very clever. Cute idea.

egan said...

Were you wearing designer jeans? There are some jeans out there which make it very very tough for a man not to reach out there and touch a woman's bootay. I know, it's not polite to touch, but yowzers.

Okay, where were we? I love the pumpkin shot. How's that man doing living on the raft? This weather must be dreadful for him.

LindzyPinzy said...

(im prob in big trouble for being a no show hey) so u guys had a fun night? who all went out? I havent talked to anybody..my parents were down here for a visit thats why I couldnt make it...
Love that photo..thats a brilliant way to place that pumpkin, thats cool!

oh and whats with the way guys try pick up girls these days? seriously...me and my sister were out one night and some guy came up and sat on her lap..I burst out laughing and he gave us dirty looks and left..that was him trying to pick her up! I cant belive it..and then your ass grabbing story..this is just insane!!

Me Myself and I said...

Wendy...thanks!! Its a very cool opportunity and I'm excited to start.

Egan...yes in fact they were, but they didn't say "slap me" on the ass pockets! haha. I don't know how the raft dude is fairing in this stormy weather, probably not so well.

Lindzy...Ernie, Diana, Aaron, Jen, Sandy, Lindsay, Katie, Lindsday T., Andrew, Terry, Chris, Sarah. and yes, we had a a GREAT time!

Me Myself and I said...

Lindz...oh, Ernie just reminded me that Steve was there too.

The Grunt said...

Another tragic Jack o' lantern drowning. Anyway, that is cool that you got to be so involved right off the bat, Celeste.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I don't know why 'boys' do that; I've never done it myself, but I guess you could take it as a complement?
Maybe they where trying the stick a 'kick me' sign to you? :0)

Good luck with your new job, it's sounds interesting, but it's gonna be a shock after not working for while, a bit like returnig to school after the summer holidays :]

Kayla said...

Hey, even if you have an irresistable ass, who wants a stranger touching it?
Unless he's totally hot!
hehe

Congrats and good luck with the new job

egan said...

Okay, thanks for completing the jean image in my head. Still, he shouldn't slap. He must fight the urge.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Ass slap should be returned by face slap, no question.

The new position sounds like it will be great; maybe not quite as good as lounging on the couch, but you know, close.

Anonymous said...

Men slap other men's asses if you've ever watched sports. I agree though that it's not right if you don't know the person. It's on a par with touching a pregnant woman's belly if you don't know her and ask her. If you're friends and are ok with it I don't see a problem. As tempting as it may be, it's not right. Maybe a knee to the groin might be in order but I'm sure men would take that as a come on.
She likes me, she really, really likes me