Sunday, October 15, 2006

Why I really don't like 18 year old boys

Last night I went to Sah's to chill out and relax in the hottub. When I pulled into the parking lot at her building there was only 1 visitor parking spot available, and a couple of young guys were standing in it having a smoke. So I inched in and gave them a "can I please pull in?" wave. To which they responded "we're saving it for someone." What?! Its raining out, and someone else gets to park here because you're saving it for them?! I gave them an exasperated look (note: I did not swear, flick them off or yell, I simply looked irritated) and parked at the bottom of the driveway. On my walk up the drive toward the door they passed me in the parking lot and just as they passed one of them gives me this 'gangta' attitude and yells bitch! at me. I was stunned. Seriously. What did I do to deserve THAT?! Trust me, if I had wanted to be a bitch they would have known.

So I head up to Sah's and tell her and the boys about it and we have a good laugh. Sah and I get changed and head down to the pool. On the way down the hall we pass the gangsta-boys in the hallway...apparently they were having a little get together in their apartment. In the elevator we decided it must be the first apartment for one of them, since they barely looked old enough to be out of high school.

After about 3 minutes of relaxing in the hottub...guess who shows up? Yes, my new friends! Yay! They come running in, throw off their ball caps and shirts, and cannonball into the pool. Oh and they were thoughtful enough to bring a portable music system and blast some kinda homey-g drivel at top volume. Lovely. We sat there listening to them yell and jackass around for a few minutes and finally gave up. So much for a relaxing night!

15 comments:

egan said...

You must devise a plan to get even. We can work out all the details on your blog and go from there. Be careful though, you don't want a broken window in your car.

LindzyPinzy said...

how annoying yet humerous. I can't believed they yelled bitch at you and you didn't even get the chance to show any bitchiness..how unfair

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

See, if you would have just busted their kneecaps with the bumper of your car, you wouldn't have had to see them later.

The Grunt said...

I used to have this boss that was old as dirt. His recommendation for dealing with young punks was to cut their balls off with a rusty tuna fish can lid. I always thought that was unnecessarily graphic.

Me Myself and I said...

Egan...ha! I was tempted to throw their clothing into the hottub before I left, but I did consider the fact that they know my car and would probably destroy it.

Lindz...oh, I know!

AML...now why didn't I think of that?

Grunt...oh my! now that's just plain cruel.

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Sweetheart, you're too young to be a grumpy old lady.

"You kids get outta my yard!" (shakes fist) "bah! I'm callin the cops!".

No Little Bird/Ernie hot tub pictures? I'm not feelin the luv Celeste.

Me Myself and I said...

Jerk...lol! No hottub pics this time. Little Bird's in mexico. Sorry buddy.

egan said...

Operation, Find Their MySpace Account has commenced.

Scott said...

That just sucks. Who calls someone a bitch for no reason? Makes no sense...

Scott

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the youth. Hopefully they will have sons (or sons in law) who are as obnoxious as they are.
Major drag.

Anonymous said...

Yeesh, I hate those poseur wigger kids.

"Yeah, dude--life in the 'hood, know what I mean--it's life and death out in Gordon Head. Ma makin' me go to band practice play trumpet, yo, my Pa makin' me wash his Lexus. It's harsh, das why I gots to act out."

Me Myself and I said...

Geek...if you have a house and a patio, a hottub is a necessity!

Egan...haha! geez I hope I never piss you off!

Scott...oh, I know. Its rude beyond belief.

Phil...yes, here's hoping.

Holden...lol! you really need to work on your gangsta slang.

Ernie said...

Celeste, have you told jerk yet that little bird will be joining in on the pillow fights in 4 days...:O

Wendy said...

people suck. And, there isn't anything you can do because they will smash in your windows key you car.

The best tactic is to bake them special brownies and make super duper friends. Man I hate gangsters.

Anonymous said...

Things like that do my head RIGHT in! Grrr, sniff, snarl... :[]