Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Thanksgiving weekend

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Canadian friends! Karlie and I went up to my parents' place and joined my brothers for a weekend of relaxation and delicious food. We started out with some games of pool and a small feast at the local pub. The rest of the afternoon was spent lounging on the couch, learning to shoot a BB gun, and playing with Max. Dinner was amazing! Roast chicken, smoked ham, veggies, stuffing, dinner rolls, and two pies for dessert. (My mouth is watering as I type.) The next day the weather was gorgeous, and Karlie managed to spent some time reading and knitting in the sun. How often can you sit outside in a tank top in October and actually be warm?! And of course, we took a ton of pictures:

23 comments:

egan said...

Thanksgiving is a cool holiday. Do you eat turkey and celebrate kicking some First Nation ass?

Kayla said...

Late Happy Thanksgiving!
What a cute dog :-)
Dropped by via Lindzy and Max's blogs to say hello

Me Myself and I said...

Egan...what the? usually we have turkey, but this year it was chicken and ham. I'm not exactly sure what you're you mean about kicking First Nation ass? who us? us little old Canadians? NOOOO. All we ever celebrate is LONG weekends ;)

Me Myself and I said...

Kayla...I've seen you around on Lindzy's blog, welcome!

egan said...

I was joking. It's kind of a funny holiday in The States as it celebrates us taking land away from the natives. That was my only point. I do love the two days off, but it's sort of a funny thing for us to rejoice about. My bad.

LindzyPinzy said...

happy late thanskgiving back to you babe! Sounds like a pleasant time you had:) I am cooking a thanksgiving dinner tonight for ry, myself and his mom and john. My sis made us turkey on sunday mmmmmmmmm....turkey

Me Myself and I said...

Egan...haha. No worries. I was just buggin ya ;)

Lindz...sounds delish! next up: fondue at my place :) (which you haven't RSVP'd to yet!!)

egan said...

I should stick to comments about the hot women on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving.

These Canadian Word Verification words are killing me!
My last one was somehting like this.
n$%#@e7hrlvbisbl$%#@

Me Myself and I said...

Egan...yes, flattery will get you everywhere.

Phil...oh yes, that is the word for "confusion" in Canadian ;)

Ernie said...

Wow Egan you really bombed on this one. LOL. Just kidding. We love you. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

LindzyPinzy said...

what?!!!! I havent got an invite yet? when? did you email me? lindzypinzy@shaw.ca

I swear i wasnt ignoring you! im uber excited...aaaahahah uber i dislike that word...did I even use the word correctly?

Wendy said...

the feast sounds delish. I hope you had a lovely holiday.

I am so in the mood for a lovely holiday.

Anonymous said...

looks like fun times...i too am salivating as i type.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

You were sitting on the couch and shooting a bb gun? Sounds like one heck of a party. Hope you were carefull not to shoot your eye out.

LindzyPinzy said...

hey, your email made it to my bulk message folder for some reason.....I will be there for sure..but I do have to wrk the next morn so i wont be able to get too too rowdy unfortunatly..but u may prefer that anyway..jj.....i look forward to it and seeing your place too:) now i just neeed to find a costume?????? i have not a clue. I have two fondue pots in my set..i think a ceramic one and a metal one...do u want me to bring the burner part and skewers too? we dont know if ry can come yet..he'll let you know soon
..i tried to email this to u but it wouldnt send for some reason...so thats why im leaving this long message on your blog instead..k bye:)

Me Myself and I said...

Lindzy...holy crazy stalker with the long comments and multiple email replies! haha.

Wendy...lovely holidays kick ass! When is the US Thanksgiving holiday?

Guggs...watch you don't wreck the keyboard on Appleonios What's It's Name!

AML...that's a very random comment. Now I am trying to figure out what movie someone shot their eye out with a bb gun in?! Or maybe its not a movie quote. Never do know with you!

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

You said you were lounging on the couch and learning to shoot a bb gun. Oh, but not at the same time, now I understand ;)

And, yes, you never know with me. In this instance I was thinking about the holiday classic "A Christmas Story." If you've not seen, it is a must rent. Although maybe wait until the season is closer to put you in the mood.

Scott said...

Great photos! your weekend looks like it was great. Glad that you had such a good time... love the dog!

Scott

Me Myself and I said...

AML...ahh yes, I see how that could be confusing. I assure you we were outside with the bb gun. I have some pretty fun pictures of us, but my dad suggested that putting pictures of us using what looks like a real hand gun on the internet might not be the brightest idea ;)

Scott...yep, he's a cutie alright!

LindzyPinzy said...

what was that celeste? You are so happy that I will be attending? Now you'll have THAT much more fun now that I am attending? Is that what you meant?lol

Me Myself and I said...

Lindz...ummm...yeah >:/

Anonymous said...

I've got a couple of BB guns' they're great.
I love the pic of your mate looking at the dog! That is one cool dogga... I want one :[