Friday, September 15, 2006

It's just this thing the seasons do

When autumn comes
It doesn't ask
It just walks in where it left you last
You never know when it starts
Until there's fog inside the glass
Around your summer heart

- John Mayer

I love autumn. The morning crispness in the air that turns into warm afternoons. The smell of wood burning in fireplaces and wood stoves for the first time since early spring. Skirts and boots! Long coats and warm cozy sweaters. Pints at the pub with friends, dry and warm when its raining outside.

I always wanted to get married in the fall. Not for any other reason really, than the photographic opportunity. Even as a young child I knew that the contrast of a white dress against the fiery colours of the fallen leaves would make a great photo. And there's the romance of it all. Fall is a romantic time of year right?

Unfortunately, you never can predict the weather around here in the fall...one day it could be sunny and the next raining and dark. Plus I want to get married outside, and I don't want my guests to catch hypothermia, so the responsible adult in me will probably opt for a summer wedding when/if that ever happens.

8 comments:

The Grunt said...

I am really getting into your posts, Celeste. This is some great stuff.

Spacecake said...

I love this post!!! I love the fall. My favorite season. Lovelovelove. It was a pleasure reading (and seeing).

Is there something wrong with me because I as a girl have never really dreamed of what my wedding would be ?

NiolK said...

Worst post ever. Not a cleavage shot in sight!

Just kidding. Love the pics and I agree autumn rocks out with it's cock out. I do have to deduct points for quoting John Mayer though. I can't stand him.

Me Myself and I said...

Grunt...thank you! :D

Spacecake...nothing wrong with you at all. I don't exactly sit around and dream about it either, just thought a fall wedding would be cool.

Niolk...and you wonder why people are losing interest in you.

Ernie said...

I love the pics Celeste!! You are one talented broad!!!!(Damn, now i have o look the sp up pn that word. It doesn't look right. Ahh well I feel too lazy and you know what I mean!)

NiolK said...

Ouch!

Ernie said...

Well put Noilk. i deserve that ouch. Do note the time of comment though

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Those are some great shots. They really make me feel like I'm there. Good stuff.