Bad thing #1 - Thursday night: just as the season premiere of Greys Anatomy was about to start, a friend of mine had a boyfriend emergency. I had been waiting for months for my favorite show to start up again, but shit happens so we popped a tape into the VCR to record it and off we went. The next day I discovered that Ernie had somehow missed the mark and it didn't work. (by the way I am in no way mad at my wonderful 'hubby', she tried her best)
Bad thing #2 - Friday night: 15 mins to get to the movie theatre...Little Bird and I head out to my car...the remote thingy won't open the doors! ... OH NO! ... the battery is dead!!! So I open up the door with my key and the alarm starts going off. Which was annoying and embarassing, but turned out to work in my favour because it got someone out on his balcony to check it out, and we managed to get him to come down and give me a jump.
Bad thing #3 - Tonight: Little Bird and I are cooking up some fajitas for dinner and all of a sudden she says "umm, it looks like your water cooler is leaking." So I go check it out, and sure enough there is a little water dribbling from the hot water side. So I fiddle with the knob and it continues to drip. There is water on the floor at this point. I call Ernie down to see if she knows how to fix it. She fiddles more with the knob and all of a sudden the water starts gushing out! (see below photo that Bird snapped of Ernie and I trying to catch the water.) So we had to sit at the cooler filling bowl after bowl until the water jug had emptied itself!
Now its Saturday night and the world makes sense again because Sah downloaded Grey's for Bird and I to watch, and now I'm just chilling with a beer, enjoying a quiet evening to myself.
Good night.
10 comments:
LOL!!!! Nice face Ern!!!! What a dork! I should have dropped the bowl and got out my man tool belt to fix the situation.
aim you were on a roll! what a great night!
Priceless! Well, at least you didn't have Fucked Up Ted rooting through your personals, Celeste.
So, after this guy gave you a jump, did he also make sure that he did the same for your car battery? (Holds hands up to deflect flying objects).
hehehe! Grey's Anatomy was awesome!! (sorry)
Ernie...you are the cutest dork I know. Does that make you feel better?
Geek...just like your perfect week?
Lindz...what are you talking about? Ernie and I are confused about this comment.
Grunt...YOU WIN! I was waiting for someone to make that comment :P
Wendy...it was SOOO good. I was able to finally watch it last night.
Ummm, why didn't you just take the water tank off the top? It would have sloshed for a second, but it still would have been better than sitting there waiting for it to drain. I know, hinde site is 20-20.
AML...we did discuss that option, but in the end decided there was enough water all over the place and that it was draining pretty quickly so we just stuck it out.
Sounds like a great night... hope that all is right with the world now!!
Scott
My wife believes in the Three Things idea too. I happen to think it's crap, but to each their own. I'm just a skeptic so don't listen to me.
Glad to see you were able to watch Grey's Anatomy anyways. Who needs live tv these days when you can download stuff?
oh woops I guess I was a little confusing....It just sounded like Ern had some bad luck with missing the mark on taping and then touching the knob on the water and then it spilling everywhere...I was joking though of course
Post a Comment