Monday, August 14, 2006

Work, Life, and Group Sex Therapy

I am feeling a little bit like I’m being pulled in a hundred directions at once and I don’t know which way to go.

I started my week-long post licensing course today which is very interesting and motivating. I’m finally getting the infusion of energy and enthusiasm that I so desperately have been craving. Lately I have felt like I’m in a holding-period in my life. I’m very happy to be doing what I’m doing, don’t get me wrong…but I feel like I’m waiting. Waiting for what? Not too sure. But its like I’m looking in all directions and I’m confused because I know this is where I want to be, but sometimes it doesn’t feel perfect, and I’m afraid that if I make a move in the wrong direction I might miss out on something important behind door #2. Probably some of this has to do with my still-semi-broken-heart, trying to heal its poor self in the midst of me embarking on a brand-new career, and now the stress of taking a week from work for school, and moving in two weeks. (sigh). Its never easy is it, this game of life?

On a much more hilarious note: last night Karlie, Little Bird & I went to a solo-show at the Metro theatre entitled “Group Sex Therapy.” Wow, this guy was brilliant! There were about 15 of us in the audience, and it was fully interactive and entertaining. Bascially, for two hours, this comedian talked with us about dating, the man and “his inner monkey”, how women need to be more pro-active in the dating world, and….you guessed it…SEX. I just about died laughing at the end. This guy really did have a few good jokes up his sleeve. We got to get right in there and use real life examples as mini case-studies, and we were even armed with elastic bands to shoot at the guy whenever we didn’t agree with something he said (which Karlie and I took advantage of on a couple of occasions.) Now, I don't plan to take all my dating-advice from one comedian and his opinions. However, he did make a few valid points, and definitely made me think…and laugh!

P.S. To my music-fan readers: my new favorite musician is Dallas Green (of Alexisonfire). His solo album under his solo-moniker “City and Colour” is beautiful in a way that eases my mind and calms my soul.

15 comments:

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Did Little Bird laugh? I bet she has an amazing laugh.
Sigh......what was she wearing? I bet she looked lovely.
Sigh.......
I luvs Little Bird.

LindzyPinzy said...

J.O.A.T.whoa a little bit of an obscession I must say! lol

sounds like a fun night Celeste! Ill have to check our that dude's solo album since it has soul soothing status and all:)-thanks

NiolK said...

Don't lie it was a big smelly orgy with some light enterainment in the form of an introductory monologue before hand. Wasn't it!

The Grunt said...

Ooooh, that's a show I'd like to see. I hope that you can kick some ass this week Celeste, and not the other way around.

Niolk's version of events seem more probable, btw;)

Scott said...

Sounds like a good night out. Glad that you had fun.

Dallas has a solid voice, I am amazed at how he can sound when not screaming.

Scott

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Nah Lindz, it's just a crush.

Wendy said...

ohhhhh, you are moving? ohhhhhh.

I hope everything begins to improve, your broken heart mends and the move goes smoothly. I'm thinking of you. :)

LindzyPinzy said...

Jerk-aww how cute:)

Me Myself and I said...

Jerk...yes, she has a lovely laugh!

Lindzy...do check it out!

Niolk...I'll never tell!

Grunt...I did have to kick the asses of two women who sat in front of me in my course and talked ALL DAY. Finally at the end of the day I told them (nicely) to shut up.

Scott...mm hmm. :)

Wendy! yes I am and I thought about you when I wrote that. Thanks for the well-wishes. It will all be over soon :)

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I KNEW it!
I just KNEW she had a great laugh.

Sigh.....Little Bird.

Neal said...

The comedian didn't tell you how to reprimand the "inner monkey" when it was bad, did he?

Me Myself and I said...

Neal...actually no. Got any suggestions?

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

It sounds as if this guy answered your question from a few posts ago. Info is almost always better with a laugh.

Spacecake said...

I could use a good laugh myself... I hope the move goes well and all :)

Me Myself and I said...

Geek...its tough isn't it? Thank you for the well wishes, and I hope you find your way soon too!

AML...he did! I said to him during the show "I just had this conversation recently!" It was kind of cool to see that I'm definitely not the only one who gets confused.

Spacecake...you need to start watching funny shows instead of "Angel" marathons ;)