Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Stop!
Drama at work today! There is a construction crew working on the road out in front of our sales center, and they have one of the lanes blocked off with cones to re-direct traffic. I don't know how, but someone got confused and drove right into the flagger with the stop sign! The poor waiter who was serving our catered event happened to be standing outside and all of a sudden he goes "oh my god! someone just got hit!" So we all run outside and sure enough, one of the guys was laying on the ground. Apparently he went right over the hood of the car! (which made me think of this freakin hilarious comedy routine I once heard where the guy goes on and on about how thrilled he was to actually SEE someone get hit by a car.) Don't worry, the paramedics arrived and the injured fellow was taken away, and he seemed to be OK. The ridiculous part, was that the other flagger just kept letting cars drive on by, right after the incident. So people are driving past this guy who is only a few feet away, laying on the ground, and he's probably thinking "holy crap! get me outta here! like I need to be smacked by another car!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
good grief. I hope the guy is okay. That just goes to show the quality of today's workforce. Drones, can't think for themselves. Letting people drive right on by. I hope the driver gets a hefty fine.
Wendy... note the position the guy holds down... "Flagger." Probably not the sharpest guy on the construction crew. Celeste, glad to hear the guy is OK.
Wendy...apparently the woman who hit him was pretty shaken up. I don't know how it works, probably she will get a ticket or something.
Jeff...funny you should mention that, as my colleagues and I were discussing the fact that you actually have to take a course to become a "flagger."
Interesting gig... i hear flaggers make good money. Guess that is why, danger pay...
Scott
I'm sure that's exactly what had to be going through the fallen man. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near cars if I was struck by some jackass.
Scott...I heard they make good money too, but that was when I was 16 and $15/hr sounded pretty darn good!
Egan...welcome!
Merci Celeste.
Was the sign in french? If it was just an english sign I can see where there might have been some confusion.
"Was ees zat ee-dee-ut doing in zee street?! I wheel heet heem and teach eem to not be een my way!"
Holy crap! That is odd that the other flagger was so unaffected by it.
I think he needed a bigger flag or something
Post a Comment