Sunday, July 30, 2006

Prime

I am so tired but I drank a coke with dinner and my mind is racing so I don't feel like sleeping. But I want to sleep. I need sleep!

I watched the movie "Prime" for the second time tonight. Karlie and Little Bird hadn't seen it yet so we rented it for girls night. I loved it, again. If you haven't seen it, I suggest renting it because its excellent. It makes you think. About love, and life, and all the craziness that comes along with it. And its funny! And it makes me feel better about drooling over the hot twenty year old boy I saw at the gym the other day, because five years age difference is nothing compared to fourteen! Five years isn't too much is it? There's a question for you all...what kind of age difference is acceptable? I mean, with age comes exeperience right? But with age we all get a little jaded I think. To a degree. Maybe snagging someone while they are young and untarnished is the way to go? But in the movie they....oh, maybe I shouldn't spoil the ending.

27 comments:

Spacecake said...

Umm.. well I haven't really ever thought about the age difference thing. Too much. I mean, my mom and dad have an age difference of 19 years (dad being older).

I personally have a thing for older men, and I can't really picture myself with anyone younger me hehe.

I think if people get along and all that relevant stuff, the age doesn't really have to matter.

And I've never seen that movie, I'll watch it if I get a chance <:

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Hey, if there's grass on the field play ball! Wait, we're talking about baseball right?

Scott said...

Age is a tough one... i think the number gets bigger the older you get. I am 29 and would be able to date someone between lets say 24 and 33. I think...

Scott

Me Myself and I said...

Spacecake...wow, that's a big age gap! And I agree, I don't actually believe age matters.

Me Myself and I said...

AML...huh??

Me Myself and I said...

Derek...nice one! Does this mean I have to bring a calculator with me on a first date??

Me Myself and I said...

Scott...between my question and your freaky friday question, we're sure learning a lot about the dating world! haha

LindzyPinzy said...

i loved that movie too. about the age thing..I think it totally depends on the maturity level..and is it going to be an issue in the relationship??if its always on your mind and your self consious about it then forget it... me and ry met this 48 yr. old woman who was dating a gyu 1/2 her age- yes-24 yrs. old..kind of a huge diference..not really sure if Id do it but I dont judge others for it...thats a huge age difference though its kinda hard to not judge isn't it?

But in your situation I think going for a 20 yr. old is fine if you two end up connecting and stuff

Me Myself and I said...

Lindz...holy crap that's a big age difference! Don't worry, I'm not *actually* going after the 20 year old.

Crystal said...

i can't even date someone 2 days younger than me. maybe when i am older, which would make the boy older, which would make him a little more mature, but right now, i will stick to 27-35 year olds, unless i meet someone older than that who is spectaculr and then it is on.

doesn't mean i don't drool over 20 year olds at the gym, though.

i'm only human for crying out loud!

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I'm old, everyone is younger than me.
Well, except for all the old farts that have croaked already.

You know somebody named Little Bird?

Me Myself and I said...

Crystal...I know! I always date older guys. I figured maybe that's where I'm going wrong.

Me Myself and I said...

Jerk...how old ARE you?! Little Bird is her nickname and she is fantastic!

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Meh, I'm not that old.
70.

To add something useful, my ex-wife was 7yrs older than me and my two previous GF's were 4 & 5 yrs younger than me. It's all about whether you click or not.

LindzyPinzy said...

where did your last entry go?

Me Myself and I said...

Jerk...you're still a baby! I agree, age isn't necessarily going to determine whether two people are actually going to get along.

Me Myself and I said...

Lindz...it was too painful to read. I took it down.

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Hey, is "Little Bird" that smokin little blonde that's in some of your pics?

Does she like older men?

Me Myself and I said...

Jerk...maybe. And yes. And hey, what am I? Chopped liver? ;)

Wendy said...

when I was 19 I dated a 30 year old. Whan I was 27 I dated a 35 year old. I think personalities/souls/minds connect regardless of the age.

LindzyPinzy said...

I agree with wendy

The Dog of Freetown said...

You know what else is good to watch? The Three Amigos. Everyone pretends they don't find it funny, but they do really. You can't beat a bit of Chevy Chase.

Me Myself and I said...

Kieran...I don't think I've seen that one. I had this weird thing about Chevy Chase when I was a kid. If he was on tv I'd freak out and get mad, and leave the room. I hated him, and I have no idea why!

Jeff said...

Age as a number is not only one of the more ridiculous concepts I could think of… it benefits us little. If two adults come together and find happiness with each other and are turned on, etc… than it doesn’t matter if you are 18 or 80. Relationships are about enhancing lives, therefore if someone is “right” for the capacity of relationship you so desire… then go with it.

Me Myself and I said...

Jeff...well written (as always).

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

No, you're whole hotness.

Me Myself and I said...

Jerk...sweet! you made my night. Now I can go to the bar with confidence.