Friday, August 04, 2006

"Brangelina" is SOOO yesterday

I had a good laugh today in the drugstore when I saw the cover of a magazine with a huge photo of Lance Bass and the exclamation "I'm gay and OK" or something to that effect. Jesus! I know a lot of people who are gay and OK and they didn't get to tell their story in People magazine. Like its a big surprise anyway. Anyone who actually paid any kind of attention to N'sync knew right from the beginning that the guy wasn't exactly into girls. Remember when Ellen came out? I was pretty young at the time, but I remember it being quite a big deal, and all of a sudden her show became a political statement. Since when did being gay constitute a front page story or spotlight on Entertainment tonight? I thought we had better things to talk about, like the Mel Gibson saga*. But hey, this new gig is sure working for Lance. Just when we thought we'd never hear anything else about the guy, he pulls that ace out of his sleeve and wham! instant re-stardom. Why tell people you're gay now? Wait until everyone forgets about you and then show them what you're really made of.

In other celebrity-related news, Christina Aguilera's new song has really grown on me. I hated it the first time I heard it, and now I love it. I also hate Shakira but find her new "ooh baby when you talk like that...my hips don't lie" song strangely appealing. Also, I saw "You, Me and Dupris" tonight and it was hilarious! Laugh out loud funny. I love Owen Wilson. Everything he says and does makes me laugh. He is right up there with Will Ferrell in my books.

*Thank you to Sarah for that quote from the radio.

10 comments:

Scott said...

I am loving "My Hips Don't Lie" as well. It is sweet!

Lance Bass... haha... not exactly the cadbury mystery is it?

Scott

The Grunt said...

Do you think shit like that would help our careers? It would be amazing if it did.

Dickhead Human Resource Manager:"Sorry Bob, but we're going to have to let you go now--cutbacks and all."

Bob: "Hey, Dickhead Human Resource Manager, I'm a freakin' homosexual!!!"

Dickhead Human Resource Manager: "Bob, you are re-hired and at triple pay....Wheeeeeeee!"

Bob: "Thanks, Dickhead Human Resource Manager. You're the best!"

Yeah, probably a bit over the top.

Me Myself and I said...

Scott...I dance to it in my car everytime it comes on the radio!

Me Myself and I said...

Grunt...LOL! that's exactly what I'm talkin' about. How about Anne Heche? Remember when she came out? And then all of a sudden she likes men again. I guess she just needed a quick popularity boost for the career.

LindzyPinzy said...

that song is so strangely appealing I have to agree lol!

What a great move by Lance there totally (temperary)instant stardom - what is up with that and why do the magazines think we care? I gues some people do??? i don't get it. Go away lance bass and congrats to you on your current star status..we won't haer of him again Im sure of it once this his all over..well I guess there is always a chance that he and his partner make a reality show of inside there new life after his coming out!! wouldn't that be great?! hahaha

Me Myself and I said...

Lindzy...I'll bet you're right. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did a reality show!

Phil said...

It would have been bigger news if he came out and said he was straight.

Who really gives a fu*k. It's a similar thing with diseases. Someone can have cancer and it's like "so what" but if a celebrity has it then it gets more attention. I guess that's good because maybe they'll try harder to find a cure.

Me Myself and I said...

Phil...yep. Disease. Divorce. Death. they happen to us all, but when its a celebrity, all of a sudden its news-worthy.

Anonymous said...

So nicely put, my friend!

Me Myself and I said...

RR...thanks darlin!