
Went to the river with the family on Monday. I'd never been before, its very secluded, about 20 mins down a gravel road. We got there and had the beach and rope swing to ourselves for a couple of hours. Had a nice picnic and jumped in the freezing cold river a few times. By the time I was finished swimming my feet were white and numb and took at least 1/2 an hour in the sun to get any feeling back! The best part was when Paul was floating around on a log and all of a sudden tipped back and was dumped into the water. The look on his face when he came up was priceless. I honestly can't remember the last time I've been in water so cold.
Just before we left some people came down the trail and I recognized a woman's voice. Shara! So funny to bump into someone I know in the middle of nowhere, espcially since it was the first time either of us had been there. We had been trying to touch base via phone for a couple of days but her phone was stolen the day before so we couldn't connect. It was like fate, we were meant to meet up. Just weird that it should happen at the river and not in town where the possibility would have been much more likely. That darn Universe has been up to her old tricks again ;)




17 comments:
hahaha, I read "Had a nice panic" and then I was thinking: where did that panic come fro... OOHHHH, P-I-C-N-I-C.
My reading skills are the the best at 4 in the morning *thumbs up*
Great pics! Love the pooch!
Looks like a great time... the water does look cold though.
Scott
Doesn't look like the pooch minded the cold water, as long as there were sticks to fetch.
spacecake...no, picnic. But now that you mention it, I think I may have panicked when I went under the water the first time!
geek...me too! (I had to drive an hour to get there.) I used to live across the street from a river and THAT was a lot of fun.
RR...thanks. yeah, he's a sweetie :)
Scott...I thought you were on vacation!? well then, welcome back!
Looks familiar. Those trees remind me of home. I love the outdoors and relaxing. Have a great weekend.
where aboots did you go?
damn you and your perfect bikini bod!
wow! Beautiful!
I was at the beach in San Diego swimming in 58 degree water when I got out I took a walk on the beach. As I was walking a form walked towards me and then yelled "Wendy!"
It was a good friend of mine from high school in New Mexico. It is a smal small world. And the Universe is sneaky.
Nice doggie.
Somebody's got nice legs too.
No, not me silly, you.
Egan...yes! relaxing outdoors, there's nothing quite like it. You have a great weekend too!
Lindzy...don't hate me because I'm beautiful. ;) haha. j/k. Umm...it was at Koksilah river, near Shawnigan Lake.
Wendy...thanks! Yes, its so bizarre when you run into old friends in the strangest of places.
Jerk...he is SUCH a nice doggie. He was even very patient with the other dog that showed up near the end of the afternoon, who kept stealing his stick from him while he was swimming around!
It was a good day - truely a day well spent. We need to do so more often.
Post a Comment