I am moving in two days! I can't wait to get out of this ghetto building. Some of the things I have had to endure over the past year:
-A landlord who would not give me my keys on the day my lease started because it was "inconvenient for him."
-Downstairs tenant who played music at 2 am constantly! I lost a lot of sleep last fall. Damn she pissed me off.
-Down the hall tenant who had a new girlfriend that screamed so loudly during sex I woke up in the middle of the night and thought someone was being murdered. No joke, it did NOT sound like she was enjoying herself. Until she screamed "don't stop" and I realized that someone was probably plunging something other than a knife into her.
-Laundry room that looks like a scene out of a horror movie. I take my laundry to Bird's house.
-Ambulances screaming up and down the street at all hours of the night. I live across from the hospital.
-Crazy landlord who smells SO aweful I can't stand to have him in the same room as myself. His two hour video walk through inspection was hell.
-Being home on several occasions when crazy-landlord brings droves of 20 or more people through my apartment at a time in the hopes of renting it to some new unsuspecting soul.
For anyone who is wondering why I would want to live here....well if you knew what its like to find a decent place to rent in this city, you'll know why. I thought it was cute and nice when I applied to live here. Boy was I wrong.
Monday, August 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Yeah, I'd bring my big truck up (Clyde), but I think the gas to get up there would require me selling one of my kidneys.
Boo to moving, but it is great that you are getting a place that you are going to enjoy! Very cool stuff.
Renting in big cities is always so sketchy isn't it?
Scott
aww Grunt that's so sweet of you.
Scott, yeah it sucks, but my new place is SOOO nice. I'll post pics next week :)
I want to see pics of the laundromat. I lived in a dive motel in California where the prostitutes did lines of coke off the washers, it was ghetto.
I am so happy you are moving somewhere better because that will make the move easier...cuz moving SUCKS huevos.
poor you having to move I hope it goes smoothly..I will totally help out. call me and we'll make plans
Good luck with the move. It will be somewhere better.
and lol at your soon-to-be former place. what a place!
Hee hee, there are a lot of scuzz balls who do what I do I guess. Not everyone can be as perfect as me.
So, the question to you Miss Newly Liscenced Agent, buying or renting the new place? ;)
Wendy...OK, I'll go take a photo!
Lindzy...thanks for the offer! My brothers are coming down with my dad and a big truck, so I should have all the help I need. You can come to the house-warming party though ;)
Geek...thanks!
Guggs...I know. I will be able to laugh at it too in a few days once I don't live here anymore!
AML...renting, because I haven't had a paycheque since May. I hope to buy in a year. That's my goal.
In the meantime she will be living with ME!!!! THat is right, Celeste and Ernie under one roof. :) Oh, yeah and we can't forget our other lil roomie Jack Sparrow.
Post a Comment