Basically I'm just killing time with this post. See, I took some bananas out of the freezer thinking I could make banana bread for my dad for his birthday (when you are working for commissions and waiting months for a paycheque, you have to get pretty crafty about bday presents.) Anyway, I didn't have time to make the bread because my weekend has been busy busy busy.
So tonight I get home from dinner, late, I open the fridge to get a glass of juice before bed and OH! the bananas are in there. Hmm. Can't let them go to waste, and now I'm craving banana bread. So, like a true genius, I turn on the oven (as if my house isn't hot enough already!) and whip up a batch of bread. Now, the preparation part doesn't take long at all. Seven minutes tops. But now it's 10:30 pm and my plan to go to bed early is completely shot to hell because I have to wait for the bread to finish baking. But hey, at least I'll have some fresh delicious banana bread for breakfast. (Try saying that last sentence 10 times fast).
Sunday, July 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I hope that you are planning to share! Banana bread is definately a favorite. I decided to bake chocolate chip cookies at 10 last night...strange how late night baking occurs on one of the hottest nights of the year???
ha! I know. Great minds DO think alike ;) Thanks for the cookies btw, they are D-licious.
mmmm...thanks now i really want to go and bake some too!!!!!
whos serenity?
hey your nearing 3 months of continuous blogging!!! you are so awesome I love your blog! I wish I could write as well as you blogging sista! keep it up girl i enjoy it!
i cant get my profile pic up for the life of me..its always too big! or something how??help
wow im a comment slut tonight
holy crap you ARE a comment slut! haha. Thanks, I'm glad you like the blog. It's my nightly "calm down quiet time before bed" ritual.
Oh! serenity is a gorgeous brunette I know and love. If I give out her identity I'll have to kill you ;)
From one baking bitch to another...I can so relate to this post. I hate when my sleep gets interrupted for baking. AGHHH!!! Can I say Christmas?! But was it at least good??
RR...yes, the banana bread was enjoyed immensely by my co-workers :)
I feel your pain on getting creative with gifts while waiting for commissions. At my lowest point, after first starting in the business, I was buying people Christmas gifts with the gift certificates I had gotten for my birthday a few months earlier. Good times. Here's to making it over the hump.
Oh and ... mmmm banana bread.
AML...desperate times call for desperate measures ;)
Post a Comment