Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Life is good, but tiring

I want to start a company called "Rent a boyfriend."** And for all you perverts out there I'm not talking about male prostitutes. Actually, I don't have time because I work way too much, so someone else is free to steal this idea, just let me know when its all set up because I'll be your first client. The "rent a boyfriend" or "RAB" will be available to provide services that a normal boyfriend would, in times of crisis, and between real boyfriends. Need your oil changed? Rent a boyfriend! Your computer blew up and it needs fixing? Rent a boyfriend to the rescue! Bought a piece of furniture with instructions in chinese and you don't have the tools to put it together? Call Rent a boyfriend! You get the idea.

I'm tired. Tomorrow will be my 11th work-day in a row. Most people work about 40 hours and get a couple of days off. I figure I will have worked 80 to 100 hours before my next day off. I'm not really complaining though, because I love my job and I'm excited about it 24/7, but I haven't had time to do anything like pay bills, get my damn oil changed, or even cook a proper dinner! At least I finally made it to the gym tonight for the first time in a week. My neck is killing me from stress related tension. Does Rent a boyfriend provide massage services as well??

**Competitive advantage of Rent a boyfriend vs. real boyfriend:
- Rent a boyfriend always finishes a project he starts
- Rent a boyfriend will notice your hair if you cut it or change the colour (insipration for this one thanks to Squid)
- Rent a boyfriend won't automatically fix a problem if he senses you only just need to vent about it
And last but not least..
-Rent a boyfriend actually calls when he says he will

17 comments:

Spacecake said...

Alright ! If you're the first client, I'm up for number 2.

Is Rent A Boyfriend actually human? I mean that sounds like a robot hahah. Where is it possible to get the men to the actual job? :o

I don't mean to bust your bubble, just asking <:

NiolK said...

So you are just looking for a rentboy then. For shame.

Scott said...

Brilliant idea. I could be rented for a very reasonable price. I have excellent Ikea assembly skills which would be a must I assume.

Scott

Me Myself and I said...

Spacecake...Ok, I'll sign you up! Yes, Rent a boyfriend is human. I have no idea where we will find them, but it looks like Scott is volunteering!

Niolk...what is shamefull about that?!

Scott...Yes, must be able to read Ikea instructions, and also be able to repair the furniture when it starts falling apart in 6 months!

Phil said...

What's in it for the rented boyfriend? A hefty paycheck?
:-)

Me Myself and I said...

Phil...how about the satisfaction of knowing you are helping someone in need? ... ? ... oh OK, a hefty paycheque!

sweaty said...

"Rent a boyfriend won't automatically fix a problem if he senses you only just need to vent about it." one of the most holy importance important traits ever!

Wendy said...

LOL, good one...and yeah, he didn't notice I colored my hair until he saw the box in the trash.

But! He does finish projects!

NiolK said...

A rentboy is a male prostitute.

Just to clarify.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

I jiggle high, I jiggle low, and that's the way I jigglo!

Never really understood why that cheer was done at highschool football games, but for some reason it comes to mind now.

Me Myself and I said...

Niolk...ohhhh! Never heard that one. I guess that's cuz I speak Canadian ;)

Me Myself and I said...

Wendy... you are lucky. From yours and Squids posts, you seem to have a pretty good thing going!

Spacecake said...

Let's hope more people volunteer then, lol.

LindzyPinzy said...

ha ha good one..I'll start asking around at work..I know a few guys who may want to apply!

Me Myself and I said...

Lindzy...are they tall? and hot?! ;)

LindzyPinzy said...

of course!!! what do you expect from me, come on now! lol

Ernie said...

I can run the business for you if you wish. I will be like the madame to the boyz. Are there any perks to that position? But I must say, I have a hard time condoning the purchase of ikea furniture. I think if you buy it, it is your responsibilty to put the crap together as a form of punishment.