Now, I know I've ranted a bit in the past few weeks. So, in the spirit of being happy, I will refrain from any negativity in this post...hopefully...
I could not have asked for a more perfect day off today! Started out with a breakfast coffee date with my good friend and mentor. There are a few ways to start out a day well, and one of them is to have a good long chat with someone who has lived life many times over and understands what you're going through. And to have them say "wow, you're doing so well, I am so proud of you!" is an amazing feeling.
The afternoon was spent at the Bear Mountain Athletic Club and outdoor pool. Oh yeah! Justine gave me a free pass for Karlie and I to use, and she met us up there after lunch. Its incredible! Karlie likens Bear Mountain to a mini Whistler, and I'll take her word for it since I've never been to Whistler so I have no comparison. Oh, side note, on my way to pick Karlie up one of my clients calls and says he's decided to buy a condo. So I even sold some real estate on my day off! Sweeeeet.
Anyway, back to Bear Mtn. The place is amazing! For those who don't know, its a huge development on the outskirts of Victoria, with not one but TWO Jack Nicklaus designed golf courses. There are two club houses, a Westin Resort Hotel, an Athletic Club, and hundreds of acres of residential sub-divisions. Not a cheap place to go, but the views are wicked and my $12 sandwich with a beer to wash it down, sitting poolside in the sun....was priceless! Oh, and I have decided that I am going to meet my NHL player future husband there, since it seems to be "the place" to go for those guys. NHL players are tall right? ;)
The day ended on a great note. I saw Derek and Alison's new house tonight. Very cute with an awesome backyard where they are getting married next month. We had a hilarious chat about being single and exchanged "bad blind date" stories which are always good for a laugh. (Luckily for them, their blind date didn't end so badly.) I'm not too sure if I left their house feeling better about myself and my past failed relationship, or more terrified about getting back into the dating world...but either way I had an awesome time!
Now I'm procrastinating because I have gotten about halfway through reading the disclosure statement for one of my projects, which is very long and boring and full of a bunch of legal jargon, but I need to know it anyway. Apparently my job is not all fun & games. ;)
g'night.
Friday, July 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun day. We have a Bear MT by us but it's quite small. It's very scenic though, it crosses the Hudson River in NY state.
sounds like fun C:) hey we should get together soon- I have the next two days off call me
Post a Comment