Saturday, July 15, 2006

Friggin cell phones

I'm so tired, probably because I lost two hours of sleep last night thanks to my stupid friend's damn cell phone! At two thirty in the morning my phone rings and scares the shit out of me. So I get up and see I have a message and missed call. Concerned, because its two thirty in the morning and it must be an emergency, I check my messages. All I hear on the message is loud music and what sounds like fighting in the background. So I text back "are you OK? what's going on?" I get a text back a few mins later, with nothing on it. A blank reply. Now I'm shaking from being cold and tired, so I call the cell phone. It picks up, and again, loud music and yelling. "Hello? Hello?! HELLOOOO??!" No one there, just the music. So I call back a few mins later and get voicemail. "What the hell? Are you OK?" I wait. Now I'm wide awake and starving, so I eat a bowl of cereal. Finally I get a call "Hey, what's going on?" "Umm, you called me and texted me, what the hell? Its three a.m.!" "Oh yeah, sorry, my phone buttons must have kept getting bumped in the car." So the cell phone magically called me, left a message, and also texted me. Oh my god. Someone needs to put a leash on that thing!

PS My fish died in his sleep. Also, my african violet died. Why does everything I try to love and take care of either run away or die?

7 comments:

Wendy said...

my phone does that too. Just calls people. Sometimes it leaves itself a long voicemail of what ever I am doing. Last week I had a voicemail of me talking to the desk clerk at a hotel...weird.

I am sorry about your fish. I had fish and when they died I cried. When my huge Oscar died I had to take a day off of work I was so upset. Those fish have personalities.

Anonymous said...

Didn't you just get that fish?

AHHHHH....drunken dialing!!! I admit...I cofess...I am an abuser!

Me Myself and I said...

Yes, I had only had my fish just over a week :(

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Ahhh, fish and plants both lead a frail existence; blame not yourself.

Also, teach your friend how to lock her damn keypad. Drunk dialing isn't as bad as pocket dialing when it is the middle of the night. At least the drunk has alchohol to blame the next day.

LindzyPinzy said...

aww poor celeste:( sorry hun about your fishy..fish are pets too!

Me Myself and I said...

Absent minded...trust me, after the strip I ripped off him for waking me up, he promised to figure it out!

Me Myself and I said...

Lindz...thanks. I think I'm getting a replacement fish on Tuesday.