Sunday, July 16, 2006

Finally, a little R&R


Work is getting pretty serious, with two projects on the verge of launching. I love the time leading up to launch, but its tiring. I'm used to working six days a week, but normally they are sales center hours which are pretty forgiving...and lately its been full days. Anyway, I had a day off today! And I took FULL ADVANTAGE. Slept in, had a workout, spent some time down in the village on the patio...and then Amy and I headed to Gonzales beach for three blissful hours of sun. Not only did I get to work on my tan and have some great conversation, but we also got to watch a bunch of hot young specimens splaying soccer, shirtless, mmm.

Girls night at Little Bird's was lovely as usual. Good dinner, good friends. Now I'm ready for bed and I actually feel RESTED! I'm ready to tackle the week ahead, and it looks like its going to be a pretty exciting one!

8 comments:

The Dog of Freetown said...

Looks great. Is that drift wood? I hope so - I'm in love with the stuff. I'd kill to have a beach that close - you're very lucky.

Anonymous said...

I'm DEFINATELY coming along on the next beach adventure...good conversation, sun, ocean beach and eye candy...who wouldn't want to tag along!?

Me Myself and I said...

Kieran...welcome! Yes there is a TON of driftwood of all shapes and sizes down at the beach. I know how lucky I am, believe me!

Anonymous said...

Ahh man that sounds perfecto! So jealous!!! I need a day off too.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Viva la day off! In this business it is not always easy to find one, but very important. Nothing like burn-out to suck the wind out of your "sales."

Me Myself and I said...

absent minded...ooh! I love a good pun!

Anonymous said...

Amy got a little burnt though. This is why it is important to take the odd day off, so that when u finally do, your skin doesn't freak out becausee it doesn't even remember what the sun is. Grrrr....

Me Myself and I said...

Amy! I'm going to nickname you "Lobster Ghost", because now you glow both white AND red!