Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Hungry all the time

My wonderful and fantastic roommate has somehow convinced me to go on a no/low-carb diet with her, starting yesterday. I was all "oh yeah! OK, I'd love to lose a few pounds!!"

Until yesterday afternoon....

I was freaking starving! I had three pieces of chicken for supper, along with a lot of veggies, and then a grapefruit for dessert...and guess what? I went to bed hungry!!

At first I thought "eff this noise! I obviously need carbs." Because, you see, I am a carboholic. Yes, its true. Toast for breakfast, crackers for lunch, a muffin for a snack, rice with dinner...you name it, I eat it.

So then I realized, I'm so hungry because my body is just getting used to burning protein and veggies, instead of the slooowwww burn of carbs. I just need to get used to it and adjust.

This morning I made sure to pack a big lunch, and this is what I had: two pieces of chicken, carrots and peas dipped in light ranch dressing, a half of an avacado, and an apple. And...guess what? Yup, you guessed it...STARVING.

Good lord. Now I'm going to have my celery sticks and peanut butter for a snack. I'm starting to realize she really meant it when she said "its about eating lots of little meals."

Yeah, like 12!

5 comments:

Neal said...

I like eating big, high-calorie, high-carb, high-protein, fatty, bad-for-you meals several times a day with lots of little meals in between.

The Grunt said...

I normally try to just eat better and less of it if I need to lose weight. Drastic changes in diet can screw things up--if they are not changes for the better. Your diet plan sounds sensible, just lacking satiation.

The answer to the bit of trivia brought up: LDS Missionary. Uh-yup!

Scott said...

How about just having carbs that are not refined. I could not do the no carb diet. I think I would die, or perhaps hurt someone.

Scott

Anonymous said...

LOL - I'm on a loosing weight bash too. Just making cut backs here and there, but yes, unless you eat carbs, your goddam hungry all the time and I hate going to bed hungry :[]

Wendy said...

zone protein bars. 200 calories, 14-19 grams of protein. No hunger. Easy. I live on those things. Oh, and light soy milk, chocolate, 8th continent preferably. Takes the edge off and is good for your heart and all other parts. Again, high in protein, low calorie.