Monday, February 18, 2008

I was lost.
But you found me.
Lifted me up.
Helped me to see.
What is good in this world.
Showed me the joy.
And sorrow.
Of love.
And loving.

I was abandoned.
Left to lick my wounds.
Confused.
Grasping for meaning.
Gasping for air.
Wondering why.

You were lost.
But I found you.
Brought you back.
Down to earth.
Showed you the comforts.
And sorrow.
Of love.
And being loved.

Now I’m lost again.
Wandering.
Wondering.
Wanting.
Waiting.

In separation.
In solitude.

Now you are lost too.
But I will find you.
Again.
As always.

Even though, in the end.
It won't be enough.
It was never enough.
I was never enough.
Its not your fault.
I let myself fall.

I came back to you.
I let you in.
You were all I wanted.
All I could need.
So I brought you in.
To the depths of my soul.
To where all is given.
And forgiven.

8 comments:

Andre Veloux said...

Did you write that yourself?

If you did, it's fantastic! Well it's fantastic anyway.

Me Myself and I said...

Yes, I did write that, thank you :)

I can't remember when exactly. I found it last night when going through files and photos from one of my computers, in an effort to do some spring cleaning.

Tim said...

Very nice poem, indeed.

Thanks for the linkage... always appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Very nice....

Scott said...

Wow, great words. I am very impressed and love the new layout.

Anonymous said...

Nicely done! :]

The Grunt said...

Very moving, Celeste. I really like it.

Phil said...

Beautiful poem.

pardon my avatar ;-)