On Wednesday afternoon, the girls and I took a somewhat impromtu trip over to Pender Island:
After we'd finished up with the work portion of the trip, we visited the resort at Poet's Cove:


Incredibly beautiful and peaceful...but almost too peaceful. Our hopes of beer and delicious yam fries at the waterfront pub were quickly dashed when we were informed that they are closed during the week in the off season.

For those of you unfamiliar with my neck of the woods, it is one of the gulf islands between the island I live on, and the mainland.
Accessible by a 45 minute ferry ride:

When we arrived, we visited two houses that Ern is working on designs for (hence the reason for the trip.) The first house was on a cliff overlooking the ocean and was absolutely gorgeous.
This was the view from the balcony:



Incredibly beautiful and peaceful...but almost too peaceful. Our hopes of beer and delicious yam fries at the waterfront pub were quickly dashed when we were informed that they are closed during the week in the off season.So we spent the rest of the afternoon exploring:

On the ferry ride home I tried to capture the lunar eclipse, but determined that it was quite tricky to do, being on a moving ferry without a tri-pod!




6 comments:
I love your last two eclipse shots. Those are very cool.
Your other photos are nice too. I love going up to the San Juans/Gulf Islands. They are a nice retreat, but can be a bit sleepy as you noted. We had a tough time finding places to snack for late lunch on Orcas Island last year.
Have a good weekend Celeste.
Excellent pics!!! That looked a brill trip.
Too cloudy over here to see the eclipse :[]
I've not tried yam fries. Why hasn't anybody told me about this before?
The photos were top notch, as always.
Hey cool work, and the last one is fantastic. Really love the cars on deck too.
Yes, beer and yam fries... sounds great! Love the pictures! I wish I had scenery like that to shoot!
God I should live out west, it is so beautiful.
Post a Comment