Thursday, January 10, 2008

My new lens!

I got a beautiful new lens for my D70s for xmas from my parents. Its a fantastic 50mm F1.8 (if you know what that means, you are probably drooling a little too.) I've been dying to try it out, but since its quite specifically a portrait lens, I haven't had much opportunity. So who better to try it on, than myself and a vase of flowers? Though I do have to say, trying to get the camera to focus properly, without being able to look through the lens, posed quite a challenge. Anyway, here are a few of my experimental shots:


9 comments:

Crystal said...

beautiful!!!!

by the way, someone got to my site by searching "photogirl like stud boy". apparently you like stud boy.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!

And the flowers are nice too! :)

Scott said...

Great pictures, great lense. Have fun with it.

egan said...

Look at all of us with lens envy.

The Stormin Mormon said...

I am geek jealous.

Phil said...

I am sitting in a pool of drool. That's a nice lens. You're so photogenic Celeste, you took some wonderful shots. That first one of you is fabulous, your green eyes are magical. I love the flower ones too. The crispness of the flowers in the forground then the fuzziness of the others ones are just great.
I'm obviously not a fan of your photos(girl)
:-)

Andre Veloux said...

Good work. Whoever had parents who actually bought something you want for Christmas AND to take an interest in what you do! Lucky you.

The Grunt said...

Your new lense takes some pretty pictures

Anonymous said...

Ooh yeah, a good old 50 mil lense! You should be getting some great sharp shot indeed :]

Liking the initial pics!