I'm totally exhausted! It's been non-stop action packed fun since I got to Calgary! Monday night we went to the Stampede for the Chuckwagon races and Grandstand show. Tuesday I went to the rodeo and took my good camera with telephoto lens (its film, so photos won't be up for awhile). Tonight, we went to an outdoor concert complete with beer, beef on a bun for dinner, and two excellent shows: Collective Soul and INXS.
Here's Little Bird and I at "Nashville North", a beer garden at the Stampede Grounds (where I was accosted by a drunk guy who smelled like very stale beer, and who dragged me onto the dance floor where he proceeded to try and teach me how to "two step".)
10 comments:
Hehe...
Who fronted INXS? :[]
Mmm BEER :0)
holy crap they have two stepping in canada?
the fact that i am shocked by that really lets me know how ignorant i am. it's like when foreign people ask me if i ride a horse to work because i am from texas. (and i have been ask that question many times).
anyhow, don't tell anybody, but two stepping is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine. i don't ever admit it, but if i ever happen to wind up in a country bar (because i've been kidnapped and dragged there, of course), i will be all over every old cowboy - even the ones that smell like old spice or (hack) obsession (as that is what my daddy wears).
by the way - you do look cute with bangs! me? not so much.
dogga - didn't the guy from INXS die because he was masturbating with a belt around his neck?
ok. here i go again commenting.
obviously the lead singer did not die like that because you apparently saw him in concert. did he use flashcards?
Dogga,
JD Fortune. The Canadian guy who won "Rock Star INXS" last year.
Mmm beer yes, but not mmm when its Budweiser, the "official beer of the Calgary Stampede". yuck.
~~~~
Crystal,
Yes, believe it or not, we do! And we don't live in igloos up here either ;)
The lead singer died awhile ago. Not sure how/why. Probably od'd on drugs. Anyway, the new front man is Canadian, and he's a total cheese ball. But the music was good.
I have heard that Calgary is pretty hick...
Thanks for hating Buttweiper, but I have to ask, what do you drink?
Wow - they had a competition to replace Mr Hutchinson! :]
Stormin,
Depends on my mood. Honey Lagers top the list (Granville Island Brewery is a favorite, Big Rock and Sleeman's are good as well.) On a hot day: Carona.
Calgary actually isn't as hick as you'd expect. In fact, its a pretty happening city. Tons of fun!
You get to see JD Fortune? Damn girl, I'm so jealous.
I alway luv me some LB, but her hat is too small for her head.
Post a Comment