Hunter and I broke up. He was a really nice guy, but after awhile, the passion and excitement was just gone. I decided I need more from life, so I'm moving on.
I have decided that once I am a sucessful, published novelist I am going to move to New York (Manhattan, more specifically) and live the good life: fabulous dining and even better shopping. So that's why I've been so absent. I've been busy moving onwards and upwards.
My book takes on many shapes and forms in my mind. I have tons upon tons of ideas and am constantly re-working the structure. Its actually bordering on ridiculous, and my head is so full that insomnia has started to set in. ugh...so tired... (Now if only I could get some of it on paper).
I have to go now and catch up...you all are so much better at keeping up with this than me...
Update: after reading the few comments that have already been left here for me, I should probably mention that you can learn more about "Hunter" in the post below.
Friday, July 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Sorry to hear about the break up. You seem to be okay with how things turned out, but I'm just guessing based on how you worded this post. Manhattan is an exciting place for sure. Much different than our sleepy towns. Have a nice weekend Celeste.
1.) Not to be insensitive but how could you break up with a bloke who has a name like Hunter. The sheer manliness of that name means must have had a really big willy and been able to kill animals by looking at them.
2.) What a coincidence I'm moving to New York when I get my multi million euro record deal and or get my graphic novel published. Perhaps I'll see you at the champaigne drinking and mocking poor people party.
There is a lot to a good relationship. I've found the most important thing is to be good friends. You also need to try to keep the passion there too which isn't always easy if kids enter the picture. I know this is a bit ahead of where you are in your life Celeste, you're still young and have much to experience and explore which is fantastic. but these are my unsolicited words of wisdom. Joseph Cambell has a great quote that goes "Follow your Bliss". It's important to try to do that thing in your life that gets your passion going. It isn't always easy to define or to do but you seem to know that writing your novel is one of them so go for it. Manhattan is the best city on Earth for sure. If you ever do more, let me know (please)
Egan,
You're too sweet :) Enjoy your weekend too...there aren't many left before Baby Singes is here!
Niolk,
1) Hunter would never kill animals! Instead, he rides them. (not like THAT!)
2) Fantastic! Maybe we can be roommates, because from what I hear, even if you're rich, New York is still unaffordable.
Phil,
Though unsolicited, your advice is ALWAYS welcome :)
Breaks ups blow, even when they are the right thing to do.
Hope that you are doing well.
I'm sorry about the breakup, but I admire you knowing yourself and what you want..then going for it. Good luck!
you could at least keep hunter around for occasional sex.
Sorry to hear about that. But if the excitement is already gone...whats the point? Except for maybe a booty call or two.
Hahahahaha...
Meanwhile I am still determined that my true destiny is a career in the NHL, and this whole beer thing is just a temporary job until some scout sees me playing. :-)
Oh shock! Sorry to hear that - my last tip of day was kinda true then lol :0)
I've ben to Manhatten once - the city that doesn't sleep. I couldn't live there, but what a great place! Good luck and we expect some rockin' photos :]
Post a Comment