Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Camping with my girls

This past weekend, the girls and I travelled a couple of hours north to Lake Cowichan for a weekend of food, fun and photography.

We had a totally hooked up campsite, thanks to Sarah the Camping Nazi. This girl had EVERYTHING we needed to cook, clean and sleep and eat. We had steak, potatoes, salad, omellettes, bacon, coffee, beer, wine, hot dogs and lots of chips. (not all in one sitting of course.) Our site was right on the lake, with a gorgeous view.

The weather was less desirable than we'd have liked, but we made the best of it. Thanks to very warm hoodies and ski jackets! It rained a bit but the sun did come out once or twice, and no matter what the weather was doing, it was just so nice to get out of town for a couple of days.

At some point below you will find a photo of my pride and joy...the campfire. Somehow I took on the task of being the Firemaster and impressed myself with my flame-tending and wood chopping skills.















14 comments:

Kayla said...

You girls sure know how to do camping RIGHT!!
Love that last photo of you.

Jay said...

The rumors are true; you are a master with wood.

Me Myself and I said...

Kayla,

Thanks, the smores were DELISH!

~~~

BP,

Was there ever a doubt?

Wendy said...

fun fun fun! You have beautiful eyes. Did you read my response to you?

Me Myself and I said...

Hey Wendy,

Thanks! :)

I just read the advice. Great suggestions! Thank you. I wish I could be as forward as that...but maybe I'll throw caution to the wind and go for it!

The Grunt said...

That one picture with your tongue between two marshmallows is dangerously entertaining.

NiolK said...

So which one did you hunt for sport?

Evil Spock said...

Camping for Evil Spock consists of a hotel w/o room service.

egan said...

Um, the picture with you and your tongue and some marshmallows.... um yeah...

I must go camping stat! Well I don't think it's going to happen soon. I love the photos Celeste!

egan said...

Crap, I should have read the comments as I typed almost the same exact thing as The Grunt. I see where our minds are.

Andre Veloux said...

Fun trip.

Have you dated the bicep guy yet?

Anonymous said...

Excellent piccies!
I love marshmallows on an open fire - it's a real skill to get them just right.
Cute girls camping cuddled up together in their sleeping bags *phew* :)

Me Myself and I said...

hahah! you boys and your comments crack me up :)

Jason said...

your eyes are amazing