Monday, March 12, 2007

5 days yo!

Sah's 19 year old brother is staying with her for a month. This kid is hilarious. AND, he's teaching us some new words.

For example, if you think that your new running shoes are awesome, you'd say "My new runners are ballin."

Or, alternatively, if your new video game rocks your world, you could say "My new video game is flossin."

So, keep it real y'all and have a great week! The countdown continues...he's home on Saturday!

23 comments:

egan said...

I love when the younger generation can teach us grown ups some new vocab. He sounds bitchin'.

Spacecake said...

I hate slang 'cause usually when someone starts to speak slang (whether in English or in Finnish) I go all what the fuck on them and have no clue what they're saying.

However, this day is an exception. :) I guess I've learned something, I knew the word "ballin" already haha.

For the first time in a very long time I actually feel like I know something. Thanks :D

Anonymous said...

Cor, he ain't gonna knwo what's hit him :)
'Flossin'? Presumably nowt to do with dental hygiene? or is he an up and coming trendy dentist?

The Grunt said...

Ballin' certainly meant something different when I was a kid. Please don't make me explain.

egan said...

I think I know what The Grunt is talking about. Like "teabag" or something, but I don't want to have to explain.

The Stormin Mormon said...

This is where I tend to love life. Being an average of 12 years younger than all of the people I work with, when I speak they sometimes need a translation.

I do have one of my co-workers on par now with his nineteen year old daughter. She loves it.

Anonymous said...

Rap music makes me wanna roll up on my homies and bust a cap in they ass.
The original rappers were the square dance announcers.

Me Myself and I said...

Egan,

Oh my, now I feel old!

Me Myself and I said...

Spacecake,

No problem! And next time I use slang, I'll try to remember to explain for ya :)

Me Myself and I said...

Dogga,

oh god. I would be afraid to go to the dentist if he was one!!

Me Myself and I said...

Grunt,

I don't know what you mean. But I could guess...

Me Myself and I said...

Egan,

No explanation necessary. This is a PG rated blog ;)

Me Myself and I said...

Stormin,

Nice! I bet the 19 year old daughter hates it ;)

Me Myself and I said...

Fo shizzle Squid Vizzle!

egan said...

Could Saturday seem any longer away?

Me Myself and I said...

Egan,

You have NO idea!

egan said...

Well I sort of do because I did a long distance thing before. But yeah, it sucks ass in the last few days. Just keep reading blogs.

Me Myself and I said...

Egan,

Yes, that is exactly what I am doing. And chatting on msn.

egan said...

Oh, I'm on Yahoo. Have fun with that blogging of yours.

Anonymous said...

That's interesting because "ballin' the jack" is a very old slang phrase meaning 'having a great time'. It obviously has a sexual double meaning but it supposedly originates in the railroad industry.

Anonymous said...

I looked it up on a better source and "ballin' the jack" also meant "to go fast" which is appropriate for sneakers. It was also the name of a dance step. I wonder if this kid learned it from his grandad?

Me Myself and I said...

Holden,

You have way too much time on your hands!

Me Myself and I said...

Amy,

whatever. You lose cool points for spelling it "kewl." That is SO Port Alberni 5 years ago!