Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Secret

I recently watch the film ‘The Secret.’ A colleague had told me about it, and when I went home to tell Ernie, she told me she had heard about it that morning, and already had a copy on the way. Apparently its all the buzz in the business and leadership world.

The Secret is less of a film or movie, and more of a documentary or commentary. Essentially, the dialogue switches between several different philosophers, entrepreneurs and authors, who all have the ultimate goal of interpreting and explaining The Secret to the audience.

What is The Secret? In short, it is using your thoughts and the Law of Attraction, and how they affect the Universe, in bringing the things you desire into your life. Sounds a bit far-fetched right? Well, if you’ve ever read Jack Canfield’s ‘The Success Principles’ you will recognize a lot of the ideas put forth. In fact, many motivational authors and speakers talk about ‘visualizing’ what you want, and taking the steps to set the goals and really SEE your future success, in order to set the wheels in motion to get to where you want to be.

If you haven’t seen The Secret, I highly recommend it. Whether you whole-heartedly believe what you see and hear, or even take away something as simple as ‘negative thoughts breed negative results’, I think this film really helps to remind us that we can do anything we want in this life, we just have to really truly believe in ourselves.

12 comments:

Me Myself and I said...

on the new blogger now. just testing the comments.

Claire said...

Sounds like an interesting movie - I'll look out for it.

Cxx

Scott said...

Sounds very cool. i wil have to check that one out.

egan said...

This movie sounds very intriguing. Thanks for the review.

The Grunt said...

I will check that one out as well. I am always trying to get rid of my negative, self defeating thoughts. I mean, I feel like such a loser for not doing a better job of thinking more positively.

Evil Spock said...

Did Tony Robbins take over your blog?!?

Oh, and Evil Spock has a secret, but Evil Spock ain't sharing!

Me Myself and I said...

Claire...I hope you'll be able to find it, its worth a view.

Scott...its not as exciting as Freaky Friday, but its interesting :)

Egan...you're welcome!

Grunt...atta boy! there's the non self-deprecating spirit! ;)

Evil Spock...your secret will be safe with me! (and anyone else who reads this blog ;)

Ernie said...

I love the Secret! I have envisioned myself winning the lottery this week... just to give you all the heads up!

Me Myself and I said...

Ernie...hey that's mine, back off, get your own vision!

Evil Spock said...

Um, Evil Spock sleeps with a bear when the gf is out of town.

*shhhhhhhh!*

Kayla said...

That website is a little spooky..
I suppose they are conveying the "ancient mystery" aspect.
Looks interesting.

Anonymous said...

That sounds really cool! I like the principle :]