Monday, February 12, 2007
One month to go...
The other night my guy was supposed to call me at 10 pm when he got back to his hotel from the orphanage. For those of you who don't know, he is halfway across the world (hence the reason for setting a time to call.) He didn't call. I waited up. Finally I went to sleep. I woke up the next morning and worried. He's in Malaysia! What if something bad happened? He phoned later that morning and explained: they got caught up at the orphanage later than expected and when he came home it was very late and he didn't want to call and wake me. They were volunteering for the day to fix toilets and showers and read to the orphans. He had three days off for the first time in a month, and he spent one of them repairing broken plumbing at an orphanage! How sweet is that? Seriously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
Celeste, that is cinnabun sweet!
That's brill; what a diamond geezer... So there must be a catch... right? :0)
He sounds like quite the guys - I'm sending god vibes for you crazy kids!
Cxx
I'll have to use that excuse the next time I'm late or do not call my wife.
Seriously, he sounds like a caring, giving person. I had always wanted to do something like that, even if it's a local Habitat for Humanity thing. I'll have to see how my year pans out.
Nice to see you again
sounds like a wonderful man. :)
awwwww! A humanitarian! You are lucky!
That is pretty great!
If he's so good, you must be the evil one!
you're a lucky woman.
and he's a lucky man.
My hat's off to him. I think I just might borrow that excuse myself to use in a dire emergency. I won't be able to use it every day, It'll be like the nuclear option--only to be used one time and when no other option is possible.
I might try it when my mortgage comes due or if my boss tries to fire me for sleeping on the job.
Grunt....ooh! I love cinnamon!
Dogga...what is a diamond geezer?
Claire...thanks!
Phil...haha! good plan. No one can be mad at someone who was busy helping the orgphans!
Jlee...he is :)
Wendy...yes! not only is he overseas helping to protect our country, but he volunteers on his days off. very sweet boy.
Scott... :)
Evil Spock...heheh. maybe ;)
Crystal...thanks! and thanks!!
Holden...haha! how do you use "I was at the orphanage" to get out of sleeping at work?!
This sounds vaguely like an episode of Touched By An Angel I once saw... or was it 7th Heaven. Maybe he can find me a boy the next time he is helping the elderly cross the street or volunteering at the home for the deaf, blind and dumb. (but not one of the residents please)Just start asking questions if he says he couldn't call because he was getting a cat out of the tree.
Sincerley, Ernie xoxox
When your boss wakes you, claim that you're exhausted from the toilet repairs. If you get skepticism say that the toilets were clogged with rags that were actually dolls that the little children had to make because they had no money to buy real dolls. If your boss says there are no orphanages in Victoria say that you're too busy to chat. See, in business, you have to think on your feet.
Haha, yes, a very British / London expression is that.
A geezer is a man, so a diamond geezer just means he's good and pure like a diamond. Basically a 'nice bloke' :]
Amy...I don't think a home for the "deaf, dumb and blind" is politically correct. You should be really ashamed of yourself.
Holden...ahh, yes. It all makes so much sense now!
Dogga...ok, that's what I figured. Here, we use the term "geezer" to describe an OLD man. And my man isn't old, so I was kinda confused. Thanks for the explanation!
thats so cool!
How have u been doing? That was pretty crazy that we both wrote about the law of attraction at the same time, I love it!
oh amy lol
Hey Lindz! I'm great :) Yes, I noticed that (about the law of attraction.) Great minds think alike!
You've definitely got a keeper on your hands. This is the guy you met right before he had to leave town correct? I just need to make sure I have Celeste's love life figured out in my head.
Egan...yes! this is the boy I met back in September. One more month til he's home!
Congrats on working the long distance thing Celeste. That's not an easy feat. Have a good weekend.
Post a Comment