Tuesday, February 20, 2007

John Mayer and my teeth

John Mayer is coming to town in April! OMG I love his music and OMG I am SO excited! Tix go on sale on Friday. And if you get in my way, I will take you down. I'm not above getting physical to nab good seats to this show.

I started using those Crest Whitestrips yesterday to brighten up my smile....and, ouch! My teeth are all sensitive and achey now. That's some potent stuff! I guess its as the saying goes though: no pain, no gain.

On that note, for anyone who has been bothering to pay attention to my blog...my workouts have been paying off. I had another body comp assessment and I've increased my lean muscle by 2lbs in the last 6 weeks. The girl who does my assessments is very proud of me. Now I'm trying to follow Ernie and her low carb low sugar eating routine...but damn its difficult! There is sugar in everything. (Especially in the things I actually LIKE :)

This has been the worst February for weather in a loooong time. I love to brag to foreigners about our weather here in our beautiful city, and how its usually sunny and warm in February. I'm being forced to eat my words this year. And they don't taste very good. Oh well, at least they're sugar-free.

14 comments:

egan said...

I guess I can overlook the John Mayer fascination and still read your blog. See how forgiving I am?

Awesome news about the workouts paying off Celeste. Does this mean more low rise designer jeans?

Those white strip things really hurt. I tried them once and will never go back. It's not worth the pain.

Sunny and warm in February? Have you moved to Florida?

Me Myself and I said...

Egan,

I am going to try and forget that you are judging me based on my undying love for John Mayer...

Yes, it sure does mean more jeans! In fact, I'm going to Vancouver next month and fully expect to spend too much money (again) on clothes!! (Gotta look hot for when my man comes home, right?)

egan said...

Hells yeah. I'm sure he'll love the new haircut and the even tighter Celeste. He's going to think you're body's a wonderland*.

I will let the John Mayer thing go and make no mention of his lyrics ever again.

Phil said...

You must REALLY like John Mayer if you are whitening your teeth for him.
That's great that you've been working out. Some years ago (in my late 20's ) I was probably in the best shape ever. I could bike a 100 miles with little or no problem, get drunk and do it again the next day. Probably not the smartest thing but I said I was in the best shape, not my smartest shape. But after 20 + years, my six-pack abs have become a beer belly. Two summers ago though I kayaked 81 consecutive days. I was a maniac. I even did it while getting treatments. I look forward to getting back in the paddle this spring.

post photos of your Royal Buffness :-)

Me Myself and I said...

Egan,

LMAO!!

Me Myself and I said...

Phil,

Wow, those were the days huh? Even in my top shape I don't think I'd ever be able to bike 100 miles, get drunk, and then do it again the next day.

I, too, look forward to you getting back in the paddle and posting some of those lovely pictures you're so famous for! :)

Scott said...

Congrats on the workout success. That is definately worth celebrating.

The Grunt said...

I was reading this post and thinking of John Mayer in 40 years doing concerts and having groupies not throw panties, but their teeth at him.

Celeste, you could totally brighten his day. It is your mission, should you choose to accept it, to get backstage and meet John Mayer.

The Stormin Mormon said...

I just get the UV whitening done. It's so much faster and I can't stand waiting...

Congrats on the success working out. Be careful with cakes like that V-Day one, a single slice could undo a lot of hard work :-)

Me Myself and I said...

Scott,

Thank you! I am trying to celebrate without rich foods ;)

Me Myself and I said...

Grunt,

That would have been a fantastic idea, had J.M. not just gone and CANCELLED his show! grr

Me Myself and I said...

Stormin,

Yes, that cake was dangerous. I sent the leftovers home with my friends so that I wouldn't be tempted to have more than one slice!

Anonymous said...

John Mayer's stuff sounds well chilled and summery! Like it...

I'm on a 'lifestyle' chnage to loose the 14lbs I've gained since last summer. It's not easy I know, but keep up the good work me dear :]

Me Myself and I said...

Dogga,

You can do it!! Keep me posted and if you want any tips, I'd be happy to share :)