Sunday, January 21, 2007

Snowboarding = sore muscles

Snowboarding on Friday kicked ass! Ernie and I left about 5:30 am and were on the mountain by 9:00. I thought it would take me quite a while to get comfortable on my board, being my first time up this season...but I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly it all came flooding back. Kind of like riding a bicycle. I spent the day practicing and by the end of the day I could do full circle turns and I can now carve down a run with confidence! It was great, but ohhhhh, I'm sore.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love feeling sore; feels like accomplishment!

Claire said...

Sounds awesome and achey! Glad you had fun!

Cxx

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. One thing we miss moving down south is the boarding and laughing at the ski season's first "yard sales"

Me Myself and I said...

Evil Spock...yes, that is very true.

Claire...welcome! that would have been a good post title "awesome and achey". I'll have to remember that for next time :)

Sgt...have you considered taking a winter holiday up north, a ski vacation?

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had such a great time!! Hope you have some pics of you out on the mountain.

Me Myself and I said...

Scott...yes, I did take pictures. But out of fear of breaking my digital camera, I opted for a disposable film camera. It may be awhile before I get around to having them processed.

egan said...

I want to try snowboarding some day. The only thing is I have all the ski gear so it's hard to justify the snowboard expense.

I bet the conditions rocked.

Me Myself and I said...

Egan...yes, the conditions were verrry good. Its definitely expensive though, when you don't have the gear, so its understandable that you'd stick to skiing.

The Grunt said...

Did you say "dude" a lot while carving up the mountain? You are totally allowed to while boarding.

Me Myself and I said...

Grunt...like, totally!

Anonymous said...

You have mountains near by, that you can snow board on.
You must have been so good in your previous life.

Anonymous said...

I'm a freak of nature or something. I dislike snowboarding. But I like the word Sore. And I like the new picture you've got, too :)

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

It may be like riding a bike, but I wouldn't suggest ridding one down a snowy mountain. It never ends good.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how you never completely forget and it soon comes back yes! Glad you had a good time, but rest that body *virtual rubs all over* :]

Anonymous said...

I was walking by a restaurant this afternoon and I spotted you having lunch--do I win a "spot the blogger" prize? :D

Me Myself and I said...

Kieran...haha. You don't have any mountains near by?

Spacecake...you're not a freak of nature. You just need more sleep ;)

AML...ha! that would be something out of a 'Jackass' movie.

Dogga...I'm getting a REAL massage tomorrow! :) yay!

Me Myself and I said...

Holden...haha! Oh, I was wondering when something like that might happen. Why didn't you stop in and say hi? Tracy (my colleague) and I are now big fans of Vibrant Victoria and would have loved to have met you!

P.S. If you haven't already been, I wouldn't really recommend that Japanese place. It needs a LOT of work.

Anonymous said...

What? And reveal my secret identity? :D Actually, I'm surprised you didn't notice me--I was walking quickly by and literally stopped in my tracks! There's a sushi thread you should write a review. I haven't been but the decor of Sushi Rock Cafe isn't too hip for what's was promised to be a high concept place. The owner is a prominent developer and his wife a fine artist.

http://www.vibrantvictoria.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=595&start=25

Me Myself and I said...

Holden...oh my! no, I didn't notice, I was starving and probably very engrossed in my meal. I wrote a short review on VV, as per your suggestion.

Anonymous said...

Here's a story about her from the San Diego Union-Tribune. It mentions using the space as a temporary gallery before it became a sushi joint:

http://tinyurl.com/2tsy7d

Ha! Sorry for "derailing" your blog with off topic comments! Back to the sore muscles! :D