Friday, January 12, 2007
The Covenant
I just wasted two hours of my life watching this. The idea was to watch gorgeous young men wielding their super powers at each other (which is super hot) but it ended up being one of the worst movies that Sah and I have had the misfortune of renting. If the idiotic dialogue wasn't bad enough...the cheese-ball computer graphics and terrible acting more than made up for it. I give it a 2 out of 10. That's 1 point for the phenomenally ripped motorcycle dude, sporting a too-small bathing suit while kicking everyone else's ass in the swim race. As Sah put it, the guy didn't have a 6-pack, he had a 10-pack. The other point goes to the leading man who played the part of Jacob or whatever his name was. Anyway, he was hot in a tall, dark, brooding, too-intense, mumbles-his-words kind of way. Oh, and when their eyes go all fiery and then turn black, look out, they are about to USE. Yes, when they turn on their super powers its calling "using." At one point in the movie I wondered if this flick was really about boys with super powers, or just a bunch of drug addicts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Damn, I just saw a preview for this movie being on DVD and thought, "Oh, that was one I thought was worth waiting to see on DVD." Guess not even there.
I thougth about seeing this one, but then I remembered that I already saw the Blade & Underworld movies.
AML...nope. Not worth it.
Jerk...Those two are cinematic masterpieces compared to this one.
My god, does Canada not get movie reviews?
If celeste wants, Evil Spock will be happy to make your rental choices from here on out. Think of the children!
Ouch, this reminds me of when I watched that one movie... can't remember the name... anyhoo, I rented it and was all exited to see it and after a half hour I started to stare at the clock thinking "this is never going to end." I hate it when that happens. The same thing happened with the re-make of the Crow. :/ I only watched 20min of it. It was so bad.
Yeah, this one struck me as some kind of "Lost Boys meets The O.C.", but incredibly dumb. Thanks for the warning, Celeste.
Evil Spock...I guess I missed the review on this one.
Spacecake...yeah, I hate when that happens!
Grunt...haha, great comparison! Yes, it was very much like that.
Post a Comment