Today on my way to work, I saw a lady with white hair who must've been at least in her mid 60's, skateboarding!! yes folks, she was using her skateboard to transport herself and her groceries home from the store.
K, I have always wanted to learn to skateboard but have thought, "I'm too old!" Now I have the motivation to give it a try. I just have to find some skater boy to tutor me...hmmm
That's way cool. I grew up (I use that term VERY loosely) in the early 60's when the skateboard was first gaining popularity. They had metal wheels that would rattle your body. We used to make them out of old roller skates (yes, not roller blades) and a 2x4. Good for her, wish you had a snapshot.
Thats nothing, on my way home today I was beaten by a gang of pensioners who wanted to steal my money to feed their crack habit. They're running riot in the streets these days, hanging around street corners in their flat caps. Young people are afraid to go out of their houses.
17 comments:
thats so awesome!!good for her that def. not something you see everyday
Hooray...I'm effing jealous of her skillz. Good for her. Kudos, old lady.
K, I have always wanted to learn to skateboard but have thought, "I'm too old!" Now I have the motivation to give it a try. I just have to find some skater boy to tutor me...hmmm
That is awesome! Now if she can ollie and McTwist, I would ask her out for sure.
Lindzy...sure isn't!
Guggs...ha! If I see her again I'll make sure to stop and tell her.
Ernie...I can teach you! I did used to own a skateboard shop ya know ;)
Grunt...LOL! I knew you were hard up buddy, but seriously!? (jk)
Funniest thing I have read today.
That's way cool. I grew up
(I use that term VERY loosely) in the early 60's when the skateboard was first gaining popularity. They had metal wheels that would rattle your body. We used to make them out of old roller skates (yes, not roller blades) and a 2x4.
Good for her, wish you had a snapshot.
I agree with Phil, of all the times for you not to take a picture.
I did not know that you owned a skateboard shop. In Port? How did I not know about this? Where was it? Tell me all about it! I am fascinated!!!!
Thats nothing, on my way home today I was beaten by a gang of pensioners who wanted to steal my money to feed their crack habit. They're running riot in the streets these days, hanging around street corners in their flat caps. Young people are afraid to go out of their houses.
mbgdjiqmWow! My hubby was a skateboarder guy and I don't think he could even do that!
That was my mum.
The 1960's have a lot to answer for
I hope I am doing something like that in my 60's.
Scott
Thomas...sweet! Glad I could make you laugh.
Phil...is that right around the time that the lightbulb was invented? ;)
AML...I know!
Ernie...I sure did. How can you not know everything about me?!
Kieran...that's terrible. You need better cane control over there. Those things are wicked weapons!
Wendy...you mean Squid isn't superman?!
Niolk...no it wasn't. Your mum was downtown on the corner!
Max...welcome!
Scott...oh I'm sure you will, you have such a zest for life! :)
Cool, did she pop an ollie or shove it?
a little mystery is what keeps our relationship alive!!
Post a Comment