Friday, September 29, 2006

From great to bad in 20.0

This afternoon, in the span of 20 mins I:

Drove to work and got stuck in construction traffic which stressed me out because I ended up being a few mins late. Then I took the sandwich board down to the corner and some old lady kept honking and pointing and glaring at me from her car. I have no idea why! I then returned to the sales center and realized I didn't have a price sheet so I set up my laptop to download it and of course I couldn't get an internet connection! Then the phone rang and it was too hot and I was sweating and stressed out. Argh!

I'm calm now. But damn those 20 mins sucked.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She obviously doesn't like sandwiches.
It is amazing how things can spiral seemingly out of control so quickly. It usually takes 2x the stress time to recover.
(stress + time) < (recovery time x2)

The Grunt said...

Those twenty minutes did indeed suck. I'm sure, given the chance, they'd blow as well.

You survived, Celeste. I give you two thumbs up, no euphamism intended.

Ernie said...

Damn, sux to be u!

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

The old lady got stuck in the construction traffic too and figured that since you were selling the new devolpment that you were adding to the problem. The proper response would have been, "Piss off you old hag!" followed with, "by the way, would you like a brochure?"

Me Myself and I said...

phil...you are a genius! you should patent that equation, make it into software for PDA's, and sell it to all the big wig execs who get stressed and will want to calculate exactly how much time until they are no longer stressed! (time IS money people!)

Grunt...suck, blow, its all the same right? ;)

Ernie...you realize thats a song right? and a bad one at that.

AML...nope, no construction traffic because of us. Maybe she thought I was someone else. She was quite old.

Spacecake said...

Annoying, indeed. But it's the smallest things that can turn it around again, right ?

LindzyPinzy said...

traffic makes me anrgy with rage sometimes!!!!!!! grrrr