Last night I attended the 2006 Great Canadian Beer Festival at the Royal Athletic Park, here in my gorgeous city of Victoria. It was my third year, and I have to say, this year I really had a great time! Sunshine, beer, and eye candy... what more can a girl ask for? My partners in crime: my trusted sidekick Ernie, Karlie, and of course my Canon A620.So, without further ado, I present the following photo series, entitled "Buzzed Babes in Beerland". And yes I can call us babes, because we walked past a guy at one point in the evening, who proclaimed too loudly "Mmm. mmm. Three hot friends. And they are smokin!"
Step 1: buy token$

Step 2: get some beeeer!

Step 3: eat pizza and plan the beer tasting route.

Step 4: bump into co-workers wearing funny hats.

Step 5: get co-worker to take a group shot.

Step 6: get a little feisty and start taking photos of ourselves with random boys

mmm. brown hat boy. not too bright, but very very cute

Step 7: drunk enough not to care that Karlie is shouting "turn a little to the right. drink your beer. move that balloon sword"!
(she's a camera nazi, I tell ya)Step 8: get fresh with the roomie

The End.
20 comments:
Beer Festival, not to be confused with Beerfest, the not-so-funny movie. Cute pics
looks like fun:) nice weather for it too!
I went to the beer fest in Nanaimo last year it was indoors at Beban and I came a little late and almost all the beer was gone and it was a gong show!!!it was a halrious drunken scene..but I guess thats expected in good ol' Nanaimo hey...here in Victoria was it a little more classy? well how classy can a beerfest be?..I guess u go to winefests for classinesshaha
AML...yes thank you for clearing that up. Wait? Did you actually SEE that movie??!
Lindz...haha. Nanaimo. I bet it was a gong show. This event was classy in a good way, not a snobbish way ----> You know, the way it would have been if Ernie had a say in it.
Ah, a beer festival. Looks like fun was had by all. The balloon sword looks a tad bit flaccid, why might this be?
I'm impressed the brown hat boy has zero tanlines on the arm. I suppose I'm easily impressed. I got to get north of the border again soon and hang. Have a great weekend everyone.
There should have been 12 steps. Btw, step #8 was the best step.
Egan...the balloon sword had seen a lot of action by that point ;)
Grunt...I figured someone would appreciate #8. Thanks for not disappointing ;)
Oh lucky number 8....I would like to plan a snobby beerfest, I think it would be entertaining. Of course I would be the organizer and have it all my way. (Yeah, I'm a middle child, what's your point?)
Oh lucky number 8....I would like to plan a snobby beerfest, I think it would be entertaining. Of course I would be the organizer and have it all my way. (Yeah, I'm a middle child, what's your point?)
And by snobby I mean picky of course. We can't let just any riff raff in. We have standards. JERK JERK.
I think our best plan of action would just be if i sell all of the tickets too. That way we won't have any 4's sliding in under the radar.
Ok, two things here:
1 - you promised me you would take me this years, and
2 - is there ever a day you do not get sauced?
"Not too bright but very very cute" hahahahah :D
Anyway, nice pics, looks like you had a great time :)
Ernie...I'm afraid. very afraid.
Liquidmonk...1) I'm sorry, it was a last minute decision to take Little Bird before she leaves town and then she went and bailed anyway. Next year the whole damn gang is going, you included. 2)These days, very rarely.
Spacecake...thanks, we sure did!
That looks like a lot of fun. I would have been woobley by the end!
Love the pics!!! Hate beer, but your post makes me want one!
Looks like a great time. Any hangover????
Scott
Sorry, I would have answered sooner but Ernie took up all the comment space ;)
Yes, I'm sorry to say I did see that movie. I was duped into thinking it might be good since I liked Super Troopers and Dukes of Hazard. Although Club Dread should have been a red flag.
You said it Celeste.
Wendy...ha. I bet you would have been a blast!
RR...its never too late to find a deep appreciation for the ale.
Scott...no hangovers. We went for dinner and walked off the buzz (mostly) before bed.
AML...you liked Dukes of Hazard? Oh of course you did...Jessica Simpson (rolls eyes ;)
"Mmm. mmm. Three hot friends. And they are smokin!"
I wasn't aware I said that out loud.
mmmmmm beer.
Post a Comment