Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Tonight, I toast to the men!

Disclaimer: I have a beer buzz while writing this so I take no responsibility for spelling and grammar errors. However, I can assure you, no animals were harmed during the writing of this post.

You may be asking yourself why I am toasting the men tonight? Please read on...

Karlie and I made an appearance at a backyard keg/bbq party tonight for someone who moved here recently from Banff. Friend of a friend sort of thing. Anyway, she knew a few people from her days in Banff and I, well, I didn't really know anyone. But I went and trust me when I say, it was a major step for me in my disillusioned state.

So, we get to the party and there's a mix of guys and gals. Scott introduces us to the host, we chat a bit. Then for the next two hours we were approached by several other nice members of the opposite sex, introducing themselves, shooting the shit. Do you think ONE SINGLE GIRL came up and introduced herself? umm, NO! I finally introduced myself to one girl and that was the end of that. "Hi, I'm Celeste". "Hi." silence. Whatever, I tried. (Actually, I will say this, finally towards the end of the evening a girl DID introduce herself and helped redeem the rest of the females populating the party.)

What is wrong with girls at parties? I remember a party I went to once with my ex, where all of the girls knew each other and pretty much ignored me the whole night. I adopted the "oh well, whatever" attitude and played along. Even HE noticed and said something later. Which I thought was really sweet of him. And I'm not the only one this has happened to. I know, I have girlfriends, and we talk.

I did have fun though, and met some pretty interesting people. Including a super adorable blond chap with wicked blue eyes and a british accent I could listen to allll night long. mmm. Love those British guys.

10 comments:

Wendy said...

it is because many girls are in the competitive soup to get a boy...dull, very dull.

NiolK said...

How did you change the "comment/post a comment" bit? I've been trying to do that for ages.

I think you can abbreviate "girls at parties" to just girls. I see that kind of behaviour all the time and in various situations.

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Girls don't want to be friends with the competition when guys are around. Where as guys half the time don't even know there is a competition.
"what?! Susie was staring at me all night? WHEN?!" Yeah, we're oblivious most of the time.

PLUS, are you pretty? I think I saw a pic of you somewhere, you're pretty right? Yeah, other girls no likey you. "Ugh, she so pretty......bitch."

Anonymous said...

I'm liking the pretty comment. They were definately threatened by your FRIENDLY pretty self! I think it is definately competition, and in this case they probably thought, and hoped perhaps, they might not see us at a party again...because they were going to "get the guys." So why bother conversing with us, if they could spend the evening fawning over the guys and ensuring their "win?" In any case, it was a nice excursion to hang out with a friendly bunch of guys and of course one wicked sweet accent

Me Myself and I said...

Wendy...I agree, so dull.

Niolk...in templates scroll down to the comments link, and change the description "comments" to "whatever you damn please". good luck! :)

Jerk...pretty? Plz!! More like SMOKIN HOT! ;)

Serenity...so lame especially since at least half of them were 'taken'.

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

well then see, that's what Im talkin about.
Smokin hot! You're lucky they didn't drug you and shave your head.

Scott said...

Girls are a little difficult that way aren't they? They see competition and the claws come out sometime.

Nice blog, thanks for stopping by mine.

Cheers,

Scott

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

I hate to say it, but men are not as innocent in this game as it may seem. The term "ulterior motives" comes to mind regarding their willingness to approach you. Although their part in the play does come across more friendly than the women's part.

The Dog of Freetown said...

It's a well known fact that British men make the best lovers. Actually no, I think I'm confused. I mean tea.

Me Myself and I said...

Jerk...I was careful not to leave my drink unattended ;)

Scott...welcome! and yes, you're right.

absent minded...that is true, I definitely don't have my head in the sand about those boys and their "movtives" :)

Kieran...English breakfast tea, my favorite!