Friday, July 07, 2006

Sushi in the park


Sarah and I had a little picnic of sushi at Beacon Hill this evening. I believe in the universe and the weird ways that things come and go in our lives and the people we meet, for a reason, etc. etc. Yeah ok roll your eyes, I'm not a weirdo and I'm certainly not exactly spiritual, but I do believe that there is something going on that is much bigger than us and our everyday lives. It's all about coincidences. Anyway...I think that Sarah and I are...kindered spirits I think is the way we once put it. It's like we are the same person, only different. Or maybe we were just meant to meet, I don't know, but there are some pretty funny similarities. First and foremost we have the same birthday. Christmas eve 1980. Only a few hours apart. We grew up in the same town, but didn't meet until many years later after I'd moved to a couple of different cities. We both played the trombone in band in high school. Ok NOW you can laugh (I can't believe I actually admitted that!). Hmm, what else? She's going to marry one of my friends of many many years. Oh, and my parents had the name Sarah picked out for me before they decided on my name! Are you getting shivers yet? Oh yeah, and we're both photography geeks! So there you have it, the story of Sarah and I. She is one of my very best friends and I'm so glad I have her to eat sushi and watch bad movies with.



I still haven't decided on a name for my fish. It's hard! I hate to think what its going to be like when I have children, they will probably be nameless for days like my little brother Paul when he was born early and my parents weren't ready to name him...poor guy. My fish is very healthy and happy though, apparently being nameless hasn't affected his spirits. He does this funny thing where his goes crazy when a fruit fly goes past his little condo. Yes, that little glass enclosure is actually called a "betta condo." How ironic that I make my living selling condos and my fish lives in one, yet I don't even own one myself!

5 comments:

Spacecake said...

Wo, that is mysterious :o But yeah, it's cool to have friends like that.

I've never eaten sushi in my life.

Me Myself and I said...

spacecake...you're missing out girl, sushi is delicious! (and good for you too)

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

I would think that the fish-to-be-named-later would be more concerned with the sushi eating than being nameless. BTW, hee hee... trombone (you said I could).

Spacecake said...

Yeah, don't eat your fish. Maybe I should try sushi, but I'm not too sure I want to :D Maybe someday.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm... sushi! Ilove it. I could eat it every day of my life. I am excited that little fishy will be living at our place soon! He will be much better received than a hairy cat. (Sorry Shadow!)Peace!