Monday, July 03, 2006

Short vs. Tall

I just got home from Legends and I want to crawl into bed and hide under the sheets. But there are no sheets on my bed, and now I'm procrastinating. I'm trying, I really am...trying to want to go out and party and have fun but there is an ugly dark cloud hanging over my head that JUST WON'T GO AWAY. After the first set (I was watching a friend's band, actually I'm the official band photographer so I was also taking pics...to be posted later) this guy comes over to our table and wants to buy drinks for us. I politely declined but he was very persistent so finally I was like 'what the hell, its a free drink' and accepted. Anyway, whatever, the point of this story is this: he tells me how he watched me walk into the bar with Amber and was all "wow!!" and then his buddy comes over and starts chatting up Amber. Umm, ok so if you watched us walk into the bar you would have noticed that I am nearly six feet tall and she is barely five feet. But, short guy talks to me and tall guy talks to her. Seriously. Are there any other tall girls out there who only get hit on by short guys that you would have otherwise pegged as gay if they weren't telling you that you're a damn fine princess and deserve to be put on a pedestal? Yes, he actually said that to me. barf.

4 comments:

Spacecake said...

I hate it when I'm often taller than everybody else :/ And seriously: AREN'T THERE ANY TALL GUYS LEFT IN THIS WORLD? :D

Correction: FREE tall guys. All the short guys seem to pop up.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Ah, the little-man syndrome. Nothing like a short metro-sexual to make you feel the love. Just take it as a compliment. You can always make faces later.

Me Myself and I said...

spacecake...I'm not sure where they are, but let's hope they come out of hiding soon!

Me Myself and I said...

absent minded...you're right, and I did. Please see today's earlier post where I tried to redeem myself for my aweful behaviour in this post ;)