Sunday, June 25, 2006

Port Renfrew

Mike and I enjoyed our first weekend off together of the summer and went to Port Renfrew from some camping on the beach. It was AWESOME! I haven't been camping in years and I remembered yesterday exactly how much I love it. (except for the freezing your ass off at night part, but whatever, we made up for that by being in the sun all day). It was so relaxing, we set up camp and then went into town for lunch at a pub, came back and sat around in the sun all afternoon, then we made dinner and I have to say, that was one extremely fantastic meal! Mike is a camping pro, he did up some meat kabobs on the grill over the fire, and we had corn on the cob and potatoes roasted right in the coals. It's safe to say that that was the best corn on the cob I've ever had. mmm. This morning we started off the day with pancakes over the fire, and then went out to Lizard Lake for some swimming and more lounging in the sun. It was pretty fun bombing around in Mike's truck on the logging roads, we even took a little detour to check out his family's old camping spot where he used to go every summer as a kid.

This is the view from the bridge heading toward our campground:



















The view from our camp:




































Our camp:



















This photo required a tripod, which I didn't have....



















So Mike (aka MacGyver) built one for me:
























The MacGyver joke was actually stolen from Matt's blog...but seriously, he's right about his brother, you can give Mike a ball of string and a beach full of driftwood, and he'll "MacGyver" up all kinds of crazy stuff!

Chef Mike preparing dinner:




















6 comments:

LindzyPinzy said...

oh that looks so nice where you camped..where abouts is that spot??? im hoping to get out there soon..looks like you had a great time

Me Myself and I said...

its the Native reserve campsite, just before you hit the little town of Port Renfrew you turn right and head across a one lane bridge. One suggestion I would make for camping on the beach, bring a large umbrella for shade cuz its HOT!

LindzyPinzy said...

thanks celeste.. hey we are going camping next week on wed thurs night for my bday on galiano your welcome to join us..its prob. only me alison and ryan though

LindzyPinzy said...

its it really dumb that I sometimes enter the verification code wrong? grr..i concentrate hard too. I think I have some form of dyslexia

Me Myself and I said...

Hey, I'd love to join you but it looks like things are gearing up at work and my weekends off are coming to an end after this first weekend in July :(

Me Myself and I said...

oops, I read your comment wrong, but I still can't go cuz I work thurs/friday. thanks anyway!!