Sunday, May 25, 2008

In my absence...

Thank you Neal for reminding me that I have a blog!
The last couple of months have been quite full, to say the least. My grandmother's been very sick, so I was spending time with her and my mom. She passed away on Friday. Its sad, but I know she is in a better place and is no longer in pain, which is a blessing.

I'm moving on Friday. Less than a week until I am officially a home-owner! We're pretty much living in chaos right now, and I don't expect that will end any time soon. Once we're in the new place we are planning on painting it before we unpack. So, I am most likely going to be eating take-out for the next two weeks.
Finally, the rest of my time has been spent playing with and learning my new copies of Lightroom and Photoshop CS3. I've been using Photoshop for years, but am getting used to the wicked features of the lastest version. I've also had many requests to do portraits lately. Here are a few examples of some of my recent work:
















13 comments:

The Grunt said...

Sorry about the loss of your grandmother.

I like the portraits.

It's good to have you back around!

P.S. Effin' birds!!!

Andre Veloux said...

Glad your back. Sorry about your grandmother.

Good work again on the photos, keep at it!

Anonymous said...

Hugs! It's hard to lose a loved one. I'm so sorry. Hang in there. You can come for dinner at our house if you get sick of take out.

Me Myself and I said...

Hey buddy, thanks. It's good to be back.

___

Andre V,

Thank you. and Thank you. :)

_____

Derek,

Whoa, good on ya for still coming to my blog! haha. Had noodle box for dinner tonight...let's see how long I last :)

Kayla said...

Sorry about your grandmother...it is always bittersweet when they have been ill for a while...you miss them, but glad they no longer suffer.

Congrats on the new house! Exciting.
And nice photos.

Claire said...

Great to hear from you, and I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Lovely pics.

Cxx

Neal said...

Deepest sympathy for your the loss of your grandmother.

I like that first photo best. Dunno why, it's the same subject each time, just do.

Neal said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention...


WELCOME BACK!

Anonymous said...

I had wondered If i lost another good blog... Glad to see ya around.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your photography very much. Although I don't know you (does anyone on the internet really?), I would be amiss to not mention my sympathy for your grandmother.

Me Myself and I said...

Thank you everyone for the sympathies :)

Anonymous said...

Nice shots!

Sorry about your Grandma :[

Leesa said...

Sorry about the loss of your grandmother. I know it is past due, but I just read the post. Sometimes waves of sadness occur weeks or months after a loved one dies. When you see something that reminds you of her, for instance.

Peace be with you.