Saturday, February 02, 2008

4 doctors in three days...I sure do get around

My condition is not getting better. In fact, my skin is more painful and swollen with every waking minute, and I'm at my wits end.

This morning I went back to the doctor, and my test results were in: negative for strep. So, breathe a sigh of relief, its not scarlet fever.

But don't breathe a sigh of relief *too* quickly...because now, they have no frickin idea what's wrong with me!

So off to the hospital I go for tests and more tests....and the conclusion: inconclusive! They don't know what's wrong either.

Now I'm on a different antibiotics, with orders to see the doctor again in a few days.

So if anyone reads this and says a little prayer at night before bed, I'd really appreciate it if you'd mention me. It doesn't have to be a starring role, or even a supporting role. I'll settle for being an extra. As long as I get a little Divine intervention, because at this point, I just don't know what else to do.

8 comments:

The Stormin Mormon said...

Wow.

I do hope (and pray) that they figure out what's going on, and that you get well soon. Keep us updated.

The Grunt said...

I'm calling up God as we speak and seeing about pulling some favors for you.

I hope you get feeling better. I know how bad it sucks to not know what is going on when doctors are bouncing you back and forth with tests.

Andre Veloux said...

Hang in there, you'll pull through any day now!

Me Myself and I said...

Stormin,

Thank you. :)

~~~~

Grunt,

Thanks, my friend. I know that of all people, you must understand.

~~~~

Andre,

Here's hoping!

Anonymous said...

You have my prayers... maybe we should put in a call to Dr. House! He solves all kinds of weird medical problems.... :)

Crystal said...

omg you poor thing!!

good luck! you will definitely be in my thoughts!

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phil said...

It certainly is better to know what you are up against. You are in my thoughts (and prayers although I'm not big on praying but I hope you get my point...)
I just had a 2 month break from chemo and I spent about 1/2 of that with hives that would appear very randomly. It seems to have stopped but it made my break less than great. I'm not trying to make you feel sorry for me because no matter what someone else has, when it's your turn being sick it is not fun. I just found out that during my 2 month chemo break the one tumor that I knew I had grew by 50% and I now have a small cluster of tumors growing in the same area. I will be doing 2 months of chemo, then one month off, then my 5th major operation in a little over 4 years. This makes the 3rd spring in a row that I've had a lung operation. I also realize that I will most likely never stop the chemo because every single time I have stopped it I grow more tumors. Someone I know said this to me that out things into perspective:

"Phil, I know how awful surgeries can be.. but at least you can still have surgery.
I am no longer have surgical options. Consider yourself fortunate. :)
See, now don't you feel better?
Hope you tolerate chemo OK.
~Jana"