Ok! Here we go...
This week's Consumer Report is for my local readers. Today I'd like to talk about Discovery Optical on Fort Street.
If you need glasses, GO THERE.
On Wednesday afternoon I went for a stroll downtown and thought "hey! I should see if I can get my sunglasses fixed." You see, I had carelessly tossed them into my purse earlier this week, and when I pulled them out, one of the side pieces was off. It was simply a matter of a missing screw, but that's not exactly something I'm used to tinkering with.
So, I thought: oh well. They were cheap. I'll find a new pair. Which I tried to do, and failed miserably. Finding a pair of sunglasses that fit, are comfortable, and look good, is no easy task!
After I realized I wasn't going to find new ones I liked as much, I gathered my broken ones and set out to get them fixed. I was walking down Fort Street and noticed Discovery Optical, so I popped in and asked the man working there if he could fix them. He said he'd try, and that sometimes its hard to find the right size pin, but that if I came back in half an hour he'd try and have them ready.
So I went back half an hour later, and as promised, he was trying to fix them. He had taken apart a couple of pairs of old sunglasses he had in the back to try and find the right size screw. And he did! When he was finished repairing them, he polished them up and handed them to me and said "no charge." "Really?" I asked. "Are you sure?" He responded with a smile "yes. Its no problem at all. I do these little repairs all the time."
I don't wear prescription glasses, so I can't actually patronize his store. (Well, not any time soon anyway.) But if you need glasses, I would recommend this little local shop. Excellent service! I'd give it a 10 out of 10.

I may not be around much after tomorrow, so have a great week everyone! I know I sure will :)
15 comments:
Why won't you be around much tomorrow afternoon? Does it have something to do with your "cough" remark in the first paragraph?
Egan,
Ummm....
YES.
Love the shades. You added that picture later. Oh boy, it's crunch time Celeste.
You are looking very much the part of a total hottie, Celeste.
Oh, and here's a bit of TIGF regarding the final countdown of your boy's return: Tribute to Celeste's Final Countdown!!!
Love the shades! And cannot wait to hear about the awesome time you're bound to have!
Cxx
Amy,
ha! That's twice in one day you've called me that. I must've done something right ;)
Grunt,
I totally needed to hear that today! Thanks!! :D
Claire,
Thanks :) and yes, I'll try and make some time next week to post all about it!
Ooooooh yeeeaaaahh....the boy is back.
Have fun.
Use a condom.
What?
It was that or "take pictures" which one would you have gone with?
Exactly.
Shut up.
Go do it like the do on the Discovery Channel... NOT like they do it at Discovery Optical! *snigger*
We all expect a full blog report WITH pictures :0)
Nice sunglasses :)
And have fun~ lol.
sweet sunglasses! You better get the ice pack out for tomorrow! ;)
TRKEY/KAYSERİ
TRKEY/KAYSERİ
I don't know...
Sure sounds like wild sex is in the air
;-)
Woooohoooo!!
Post a Comment